Why the difference between KT models?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by billjohnso20, Jan 20, 2009.

1. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I just got my P3AT. As I stated in another thread, I already owned a PF-9 and Ruger LCP when I got the .380. I just broke her down to clean her real good. My question is why is the fit and finish on the P3AT better than the fit and finish of my PF-9 before the fluff and buff I did on it? I was amazed. There were no burs or anything like the PF-9 had. All I had to do to the 3AT was buff and polish the outside of the barrel, the chamber, and feed ramp. And from the look of it, I didn't have to do that. I just did it for good measure. It's ready to go to the range as soon as time permits.

Any thoughts?

2. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Friday v. Monday?

-Scott

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    I don't know but the fit and finish on the P3AT I bought last spring was excellent - the best I had ever seen on KT.

4. billjohnso20

billjohnso20 Active Member

Dec 7, 2008
    I've seen a number of Kts and my new P3AT has a fit and finish that rivals the fit and finish on my LCP. KT really a number on this little jewel. I can't wait to shoot it. I hope it shoots as good as it looks.

5. neknraw

neknraw New Member

Feb 5, 2008
    The first P3AT I bought in June 2008 required considerable fluff and buff to make it a top notch shooter. The next two I bought in Dec 08 and they were like night and day different, ready to go right out of the box. I think (I know) KT is reading this forum and paying attention....thank Kel Tec. Things just keep getting better and better.

6. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Maybe it's Accurate. They do allot of Kel Tecs slides and barrels before shipping to customer. I saw some of the slides and barrels prior to Christmas and they sure looked GOOD.

7. cherry911

cherry911 New Member

Jan 12, 2009
    I think that is a good point if KT is repairing a number of these after, why not spend a little more time on the line and ship them out right the first time. I purchased mine 5 months ago, and it was perfect right out of the box 300+ rounds with no problems so far.