Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
1st gen p3at has been back to the mothership since 1/25/08....broke the pf9 on 1/28 sent it back too....now second time for the p3 and first for the pf9 called today and the "old man" csr said at least 8 weeks to get it back....but it does come next day ups.....

Why do we put up with this ----?  They conceal great but they don't work!!!!!!!!Keep wishing but it aint gonna happen!

BTW-I also have an old Grendel....so I know the company history well....

Nothing to report but grief!!!!and anticipation that they might work when they come back.

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I'll make you special deal....

$100 for both when they get back. Or even $100 each. But since I don't expect you to be here at this board very long, I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer.

;)

·
Registered
376 Posts
I know quite a few people (in person, not internet) who have hundreds or even thousands of rounds through their P32's and P3AT's and they are still ticking. Never sent them back. Don't wanna hurt your feelings, but sometimes I feel cursed with certain things failing me a lot too. That can be a sucky feeling. Fortunately, I have not had it yet with any of my firearms. I love the warranty for that though. It is a bit like health insurance. No big deal if you have it or not when you don't need it, but when you are sick it sure is nice to have. :)

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks to some of you for encouraging words.  Thanks to the others who read and let me vent.

I'm sure glad some of you have had no problems with your P3at's, by chance would any of you be willing to sell you totally reliable p3at?....I would pay a good price to get one that works.  PM me if interested and if we work out a price I'll send you the details to ship to my local gunshop-for FFL transfer of course.  The pistol would need to come from a reputable board member and I would post my results and feedback on this board.

I guess I'm just frustrated with sending the pistols back (and in the p3's case multiple times) and such a long wait for repair.....please don't comment on the other manufactures repair times...I read your post.

I report when they come back, how long it took and how they shoot.  

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
754 Posts
idahoglock36 said:
Thanks to some of you for encouraging words. Thanks to the others who read and let me vent.

I'm sure glad some of you have had no problems with your P3at's, by chance would any of you be willing to sell you totally reliable p3at?....I would pay a good price to get one that works. PM me if interested and if we work out a price I'll send you the details to ship to my local gunshop-for FFL transfer of course. The pistol would need to come from a reputable board member and I would post my results and feedback on this board.

I guess I'm just frustrated with sending the pistols back (and in the p3's case multiple times) and such a long wait for repair.....please don't comment on the other manufactures repair times...I read your post.

I report when they come back, how long it took and how they shoot.

Thanks for your time.
It might help if you listed some of the problems you have had to require to send them back. It may not be the guns fault at all, it could be something as simple as limp wristing which is easily corrected. These light weight guns do have a small learning curve that is different than a larger heavier gun. If we had more information we may be able to help you out.

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
I understand your frustration. The little KTs are a lot better than they used to be but if you use them very much you will be sending one back every now and then.

I used to bear with it and tell people that since there was nothing else on the market so small and light KT was still the way to go. Now I'm waiting to see the Kahr 380 hit the market in midsummer (or whenever) to see if there is a significant improvement in quality and durability. At Kahr prices I would certainly hope so.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I must be doing something wrong :-[. P3AT-1st gen-1000+rds, PF9-1000+rds, PF9-500+rds & P11-2000+ rds and none of em ever been sent back? Can't say the same for some of my "high quality" pistols :'(.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
sprinter1 said:
It might help if you listed some of the problems you have had to require to send them back. It may not be the guns fault at all, it could be something as simple as limp wristing which is easily corrected. These light weight guns do have a small learning curve that is different than a larger heavier gun. If we had more information we may be able to help you out.
+1 on this. Tell us what problem was.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I am gonna be real honest with you, this forum has helped me with my other handguns as well. My wife's little Beretta had some issues recently. I was all set to send it back or trade it up (she wants a revolver). Long story short I knew to polish the feed ramp and check the rails and a bit of work on the chamber and voila! The darn thing is feeding and working fine again. Had I not been familiar with this forum and the standard practices preached here, I would have been one ticked off Beretta customer.

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you are really considering purchasing a new pistol, put the older one up for sale and purchase a 2nd generation. I have a 2nd generation and have not had a problem through about 150 rounds. I know all the posts that say the second round caused a problem and all but I did not have the first hint of a problem. I would recommend the 2nd generation with confidence.

·
Registered
44 Posts
It's a luck-shot, Chuck-Baby. The 2nd Gen can be just as buggy. I bought mine in January and it's back to KT for service. From what I hear and see at the local ranges in my area, some work just great out-of-the-box, others go back to KT or get put in a drawer/traded-in as-is. Wish they were all 100%, but, oh well.

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
Actually Chuck, I'd say your experience is very typical.  The vast majority of P3ATs work perfectly well out of the box and they are better than the 1st gen guns in terms of reliablity.  That is probably mostly do to the little bit of weight that was added.  Regarding the small percentage of those that have a problem, when you remove operator error (limp-wristing) that number drops even more. We see that here all the time.

·
Registered
57 Posts
My P3AT has been gone for 8 weeks and no word on when it will come back. They won't send emails or answer them. I can never remember to call before thier closing time since it's 3pm here when they close. I have bought mag extensions, grip pads etc to test it with when it gets back to see if it's my fault. But if it fails, it's gone.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.