Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
All I see is that it's a VIP item that's sold out. I feel like I've missed out. :(

·
Registered
6,696 Posts
Why did they blur out the good parts with white triangles? Bahhh, censorship! :D

·
Registered
372 Posts
Darn, I'm only getting ads for fitness equipment.

·
Registered
106 Posts
I'm a heterosexual male and would like to sign up for those ads! All I get is garbage. Lol

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I search for car parts, hardware, camping stuff, not women in scanty clothes. Right now the ad is for boat outfitters, but I don't own a boat and never have. I'm not buying that line.
Car Bunnies triggered image related similarities?

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
500 Posts
You might consider changing your search engine. I left Google Chrome and went with Duck Duck Go and a lot of that crap went away.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
I'll have to stay off here for awhile. The grand girls are over for awhile and I don't want them thinking I approve of outfits like that. It is up again as I type this. See you guys down the road.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Only if you don't employ common sense and a few simple protections.

Disable third party cookies. Disable cross site scripting. Delete cookies at the end of each browsing session (except for allowed sites). Use a script blocker extension with only your trusted sites being able to run scripts. Run AdBlockPlus extension. Run Ghostery extension. Use incognito mode on your web browser if appropriate for the website you are visiting. Most browsers have a "Do Not Track" request setting (it's just a request to websites though, they don't have to honor the request). Run your web browser in a sandbox. Use a proxy server. Do not sign in to things (Google, Facebook, etc.) If you must in order to run a specific service, log out as soon as possible - in no case do you want to leave yourself logged in perpetually, no matter how convenient. Run your web browser off of a Linux LiveCD and boot that LiveCD every time you surf the web.

There are definitely things you can do to thwart ads. I generally do not see ads at all when I'm browsing, they have been filtered out. Sometimes I will have to drop my shields to a degree to make a website work. I only drop the minimum necessary to make the website work. Ads sometimes appear then, but they are just generic ads, not targeted ads (they don't have anything to target).
All that just to block an add......no thanks, and it's too cold to go out to the sandbox...lol

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #36
Ok, I need help here from you techie people. That ad for barely dressed women is popping up on here, and ONLY here. How can I block it on KTOG? Yes I am offended by it.

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
Morning Oldy. My wife told me that some of the ads have an X in one of the corners & you may have to have your pointer over it for it to show up. That will let you close it out & report it. Of course some of them you can't close out.

In fact I just closed out a couple that popped up here. Not nearly as bad as yours tho.

It may take a while for the report to filter thru the ad system & it may be replaced by something worse. Specifically men's underwear for example. :eek:

Sometimes the little arrow button in the upper right corner gives options but sometimes not.

Good luck

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
Morning Oldy. My wife told me that some of the ads have an X in one of the corners & you may have to have your pointer over it for it to show up. That will let you close it out & report it. Of course some of them you can't close out.

In fact I just closed out a couple that popped up here. Not nearly as bad as yours tho.

It may take a while for the report to filter thru the ad system & it may be replaced by something worse. Specifically men's underwear for example. :eek:

Sometimes the little arrow button in the upper right corner gives options but sometimes not.

Good luck
As I was reading your post that ad showed up again so I did X it and reported it as inappropriate. Didn't know I could. Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
Ok, I need help here from you techie people. That ad for barely dressed women is popping up on here, and ONLY here. How can I block it on KTOG? Yes I am offended by it.
I'd start with an in-browser based ad blocker.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

21 - 40 of 46 Posts