WHY are You at KTOG?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by JFB, Feb 5, 2009.

1. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    For my self, I had a couple jams durring break in.

2. GoldenLoki

GoldenLoki New Member

Dec 6, 2008
    o OTHER

I think everyone is entitled to my opinion. ;D

GL

3. enigma4you

enigma4you New Member

Pics of what Scot is having for dinner and the

Girls

Started out here because I got a P-11 and wanted more info, kept going because I ended up with a P3-at

Now its a habit I cant break. Lots of good advice and conversation

4. sunrise

sunrise Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Near Seattle, WA
    I came here first because either I was interested in buying or had just bought the P-3AT.  I'm a bit hazy on that.  I remember that I bought it on the recommendation of a LEO that I knew that had one for a backup.

I'm back active again now because of the imminent release of the RFB.  But I enjoy just reading lots of different posts.  There is a lot to learn here.

5. doubloon

doubloon New Member

Jan 5, 2008
    Houston-ish, TX
    Having read many of your opinions ... I agree :D

My vote is actually #1 and #2. Gathered info decided to purchase a PF-9. Liked the PF-9 so much decided to buy a P3AT. Liked the P3AT so much decided to tell everybody. Get closer to buying a sub-2000 every day.

6. Brewster6514

Brewster6514 Active Member

Jun 10, 2006
    i had already purchased my subbie and i think i was just surfin' the net and found this place. after some reading i decided to get my P3AT. then all of the craziness started. ;D

7. princemorr2003

princemorr2003 New Member

Mar 3, 2005
    I had just bought my sig2009 and wanted a backup piece, so i bought a P11, then a Subby, and finally p3at.

Dan

8. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    I was looking at several small auto's.
    When researching I found KTOG and never left.
    KTOG was the reason i ended up with a P3 and both have been great since

9. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I did some reading before making buying my P-3AT but it was no that other forum. I had not found KTOG yet but when I did I started visiting here often. I seldom miss a day checking forums for further information.

I learned to remove the frame from the grip and even more importantly, how to put it back.

I discovered that I was fortunate enough to get one of the many 3ATs that is flawless from the factory Mother Ship for which I am very pleased. This is a great gun and a great site with answers to all my questions!

Billy

10. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I already had my P11 and P3AT, I wanted info before buying a PF9. Found KTOG during a google search, joined up and the rest is history. :cool:

11. 1943

1943 New Member

Jan 28, 2009
    I had one of the original P32's and wanted to upgrade to the .380 Caliber. Found this site and all the good information. I now visit it every day. Thanks to the forum. 1943

12. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    Bought a 38SS snubie 10 yrs ago in case I ever got CCL, Got CCL 2 yrs ago, and the 38 felt like it weighed 10 lbs, anyhow to heavy to carry. Bought a 380 auto, weiged 24 oz. carried a couple weeks, still to heavy, and ran across KT, and this forum. Had to have a P380, and have been happy ever since, never without it where legal. Got a P32 for a back up, and like it too. My $.02. Jim <><

13. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I did a lot of reading before settling on a P3AT. I got a lot of good info here that I found via Google. I only did a very light fluff and buff, but have had issues with any other ammo than Winchester White Box FMJ so far with failing to feed. So after reading here, I went back and did a much more thorough fluff and buff. I haven't had the chance to fire yet since doing so, so the jury is still out on whether or not it worked.

14. WyoShooter

WyoShooter New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    None of the poll categories fit me. :)

After about two or three decades of no shooting at all and my dozen or so handguns sitting silent and being pretty ignorant of new developments in the shooting community, I got my CCW. Then I saw a P11 in a gun shop, bought it and then found KTOG.

Then I sought and bought my P-3AT.  I'm waiting for my PF9 to arrive now. Should have it in the next day or two.

Ed

15. tommy51s

tommy51s New Member

Oct 10, 2007
    Kansas City
    I came to this forum and the Seecamp forum and (I think) NAA. Then I carried a box of quarters around in my pocket for awhile, simulating the different weights of the different .380s. There was no contest. Only the P3AT's weight seemed comfortable and I went out and got one. This forum has been indispensible help ever since. (I've had the gun a couple of years now.)

Tommy

16. molachi

molachi New Member

Jun 16, 2008
    Pensacola, Fl.
    Bought a P11 (not knowing anything about KT's) on the talk from the salesman at the LGS. Researched after getting home and found out I did pretty good. Got a P3 after that and am happy with both..

John

PS: Scott's pics help too ;D

17. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    The results have been EXACTLY opposite as what I expected :eek:

18. JB

JB Guest

A few years back, I went into a LGS (not my fav one, but one I visit, occasionally) and saw a P3AT for the first time.  Had never heard of KelTec, before, and had certainly never seen one - despite the fact that, back then (when ammo was cheap and plentiful) I was in more than one gun store every couple of weeks.  I decided to ask the guy at the counter about it.  Several of the folks that work at this particular GS are off-duty LEOs, as was the case with the guy I asked.  His response was that he carried one off-duty, carried it on-duty as a backup and that his wife also had one which was all she ever carried.  I had been contemplating getting my carry permit and decided to get the P3AT.  It was NIB and they were still on the first gen.

Well, things kept coming up and I didn't get my carry permit until last year.  Hadn't shot the P3AT a lot because I had guns I liked better for 'range' and HD guns.  The P3AT seemed to jam about as often as it went 'bang' and I couldn't achieve any level of accuracy with it.  When I got my permit, I decided that either the 3AT would become more reliable or it was getting traded for a Ruger SP101 (didn't have the Rossi .357, then.)  At that point, I wasn't very impressed with Kel Tec and planned never to buy another.  In my search to find more info on making it more reliable, I found KTOG and using some of the advice I found here I have been able to make my P3AT reliable and have done mods (Hogue, jr. and bike tube on the grip, finger extensions on the mag) which have greatly increased my control and accuracy.  Because of KTOG, the P3AT went from being a 'dog' that I regretted purchasing to being a weapon in which I have enough confidence, and enough confidence in my abilities with it, that I feel perfectly comfortable when carrying it as my only weapon for defense.  Not that I don't carry others, sometimes, but the P3AT is carried the most often.

Since then, I have found out that the owner of my favorite LGS daily carries a P32 as his primary and considers his P11 to be among his favorite defensive handguns of all time.  Also, another staff member there carries a P3AT as his daily carry weapon.  Oh, and I bought a used P11 there a few months back - so much for not buying any more KelTecs.

19. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Like several others have said, I came to KTOG after seeing a KT in the store and wanting something to CC.  As I try and do A LOT of research before I buy important items I ended up here.  The one that caught my eye was a baby blue P32 but I settled originally on P3ATs.  Notwithstanding any crap I was getting from the LGS employees I was confident, after reading KTOG that I could deal with any issues that came up.  I have had my fair share of issues (some true, some user induced) and always been able to work through them with the extremely helpful and knowledgable people here.  So I guess I just hung around for a while.  

Then I got to know some folks here and it has become far more about friendship and wanting to help others out then it was what I was getting out of it.  Once our house burned the people here at KTOG really showed their true colors of that friendship and helped us for a while.  Many of you have adopted our little Rebekah as one of your causes and well, now many people here are not just friends but like family.  

I both laugh and am humbled by the comments about food pics.  Just to prove I am an not nice, but rather a mean kind of guy I'll share today's lunch picture with you:

[​IMG]

Oh ya, this time it was an "after" picture!  ;D   ;D   ;D

-Scott

20. Rubb

Rubb Well-Known Member

Jun 19, 2006
    Exact guns I looked at as well as Beretta and Taurus.
    P3 wins in price and weight to power ratio.

For me it was a no brainer, if I had issues and couldn’t fix it KT would.
    I did, I couldn’t and KT did with a 2 week turn around!!
    That was two years ago, not a hiccup since.

Happy KT customer here, I've not considered another .380
    Why would I need to with a lifetime warranty.