Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the PF-9 is a great little gun, but I imagine carrying this gun for quite a long time and having some back-up parts in the house may be a good idea to keep my gun from being out of action for a week or two waiting on replacements.

So what parts do you folks keep around as replacements? I'd rather make an informed purchase instead of just one of everything from Kel-Tec's PF-9 parts page.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the advice! :)

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Parts I keep on hand

1. all springs (especially a couple of recoil spring assemblys

2. spare hammer assembly

3. 2 sets spare grip/frame polymer pins

4. spare trigger bar

5. couple spare extractors + screws

6. spare slide stop

7. extra firing pin

8. extra set of sights + screw

Jim R

·
Registered
139 Posts
I know the PF-9 is a great little gun, but I imagine carrying this gun for quite a long time and having some back-up parts in the house may be a good idea to keep my gun from being out of action for a week or two waiting on replacements.

So what parts do you folks keep around as replacements? I'd rather make an informed purchase instead of just one of everything from Kel-Tec's PF-9 parts page.

Thanks to everyone in advance for the advice! :)
I always seem to end up with extra parts after I break something down. Used to have fun by taking a handful of springs,small annonymous bits and pieces and mising them in with the local gunsmith's current project on his desk. He spent a LOT of time, it seemed, just staring at the desk and muttering to himself.

Bill

·
Registered
102 Posts
Why not just get an extra gun? I have at least 3 that I can press into service. If one breaks I have 2 more in reserve while I wait for parts.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
I have an extra PF9 laying around. I got the second for a great price so I just couldn't pass it up. I have gotten in the habit of carrying one and shooting the other at the range.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a spare parts kit for all the firearms in my collection. Have not assembled one for my PF9 yet - my most recent gun purchase. Thanks Jim R your list looks like a good one to me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The real question is where can you get the spare parts since KelTec is out of stock on alot of items. Are there other sites that stock PF-9 parts, I would like to get the metal recoil rod for starter.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Looks like I do now, just ordered a olive grip, recoil spring (I would have ordered the metal rod but they were out), the 3 pins and a trigger since I plan to go with the Northwood trigger and may end up cutting the old one out. Still wouldn't mind trying the holster clip but those are out also.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
If your Keltec breaks, the company will send you replacement parts for free.

But I doubt they'll send you parts to stockpile just in case you might need them someday. If my PF9 goes bad, I have other guns I can use for carry, fun, etc. As a matter of fact, my PF9 is visiting the factory right now as we speak. I have a different gun on my belt for carry while it's gone.

·
Registered
246 Posts
theclient, Check their online store regularly. What may be out of stock today may be in stock tomorrow or better try calling them. Keltec may have it in stock even if it is not yet updated in their website..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts