Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want a P3AT in hard chrome. Can't find any around here. I posted a want ad, but nobody wants to part with theirs.

My question is, does anyone know any dealers with any in stock and their price and contact information.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,143 Posts
I wish I did bud.

PV guns, here in PV, has KTs all the time. It's where I got my PF-9, and both of our P3-ATs including my HCd one.

But they said it was rare they got the HC one in. In over a year, mine was the only one, and I got it the day it came in. ;D

G

·
jdeere_man said:
I want a P3AT in hard chrome.

My question is, does anyone know any dealers with any in stock and their price and contact information.
You can try SportingArms, that's where I got mine, great people to deal with. Looks like they are listing them for $256 but you'll probably have to contact them to see if they are in stock.

http://www.sportingarms.com/

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dan-O said:
Buy the blue and send to Jack for the $25 jobbie.  I have sent 2, and it is great work.
This is something I seriously am considering since they factory hc are hard to find. The price is very reasonable. I just wonered how it compared to a factory hc gun.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Emailed sporting arms earier, they don't have them in stock, but said they do come in "regularly"  That seems a reasonable price.  I think I can get FFL for cheaper than that here.

My whole point in the hc was hoping for less problems. Is that the general observation? Peening issues are less, etc?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
UPSTATENYER said:
I am new to the board, but wanted to offer that Frank's Guns in Canastota NY has several hard chrome  P3AT's in stock. I bought one on Saturday 6/16. Him and his wife are great people to deal with.
Do you know what his prices are? How would I contact them?

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
JimmyD said:
Does he do the barrel also?
Negative. For whatever reason, nickel does not work well on barrels. However, if you send the barrel to Jack he will polish it all over very nicely.

Send your assembly pin too, he will nickel plate that. Be sure to enclose an itemized list of what you're sending him.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
jdeere_man said:
I want a P3AT in hard chrome.  Can't find any around here.  I posted a want ad, but nobody wants to part with theirs.

Thanks in advance!
"The Gun Store" in Cedar park had one last week....you might give them a call ;D

·
Registered
3,755 Posts
I remember when my grandpa told me stories of walking 5 miles to school, up hill and in the snow as I recall. I thought he might be stretching the truth a bit. Well, let me tell you young whippersnappers, I’ve owned Kel-Tecs so long that I can remember back when you could send in a Plain Jane slide & barrel with a $20 check and get back “New” hard chrome replacements. Really . . . ;D

Wilson – who’s remembering back in ’05 when he bundled up all of his blued slides to beat the exchange cut off date ::)

·
Registered
33 Posts
Wilson said:
Well, let me tell you young whippersnappers, I’ve owned Kel-Tecs so long that I can remember back when you could send in a Plain Jane slide & barrel with a $20 check and get back “New” hard chrome replacements. Really . . .    ;D
Did they have gun powder back then? ;)

Just kidding, Wilson.
Thank you for the time that you spend here sharing your knowledge with us KT newbies.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Bought mine at a gun show here in Dallas. At least 3 different dealers had P3s in HC. Prices were from $270 to $280. Gun shows can't be beat; cash and carry, no nonsense with waiting periods or having to have the gun shipped to a dealer with FFL. At least, that's the way it is here in Texas. I wouldn't live in a state that isn't gun-friendly, though. My condolences to those who have to.

·
Registered
4 Posts
UPSTATENYER said:
I am new to the board, but wanted to offer that Frank's Guns in Canastota NY has several hard chrome  P3AT's in stock. I bought one on Saturday 6/16. Him and his wife are great people to deal with.
I was looking all over the place for a reasonably-priced HC until I saw this. I'm nearby so I gave the guy a call and picked it up last week for somewhere around $300 total. He said they're getting a few more in. (And yes, he's pleasant to deal with!)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.