Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just because they say it's so? Some of their info is dubious.

·
Registered
6,590 Posts
Shhhhh ... don't question the authorities', uh ... authority.

Thing I've noticed about these "Fact Checkers" is that they SELECTIVELY "check" facts with their own ... ehhhhh ... "facts." That is, whenever one person or group says something that doesn't align with whatever agenda they're clearly trying to push - and bear in mind, ALL political parties do this at least to some degree (some more than others, of course) - they will counter with some "AHA! See, this isn't the WHOLE story in this picture/caption," and then they'll put forth some detail that is actually factual. BUT the fact they counter with often will either not completely negate the message of the original post OR the "fact" isn't even entirely relevant to the original post at all.

There is a LOT of this nonsense going on with websites like Facebook, which often use an automated system of algorithms to search for specific topics, headlines, or whatever, and then it will give a kneejerk "This post is false" or "This post is partly false" flag which is plastered right over the original post so it's hard to even read for yourself what in the world it was about. Funniest examples I've seen lately were ones where some satire websites/folks post up silly stuff that is clearly parody and then either the automated system or some dimwitted yahoo will flag it as "This post is false." (Like the one where Trump supposedly claimed he "tested negative for COVID-19 but 100% for USA." Seriously, someone believed that was a real quote? LOL )

Fact-checkers can never really be 100% unbiased or accurate because whenever they're run by humans, there's ALWAYS some form of bias one way or the other. And when they're automated by computer algorithms, computers aren't often smart enough to understand humans' often goofy, illogical sense of humor.

·
Registered
835 Posts
The fact checkers should be called propaganda centers. I think snooped is the worst of the bunch , it’s very left leaning .

·
Registered
835 Posts
That was supposed to be snopes.

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to the new world order!
You have angered the machines!
You will be punished!
Now tuck in that shirt!
And have a pill.🤪
"Tuck in that shirt". Brought me back to my school days in 50's and 60's. Have your hair short. No chewing gum. No taps on your shoes. So who is that guy walking the halls with that da hair cut crackin gum and tapping his engineer boots? You guessed it.

·
Registered
756 Posts
But, they are billionaires, politicians and have massive followings on social media...this means they are always right...right? 😀😅

I am happy to see others question and check and verify - honestly thought I was alone these days

·
Registered
597 Posts
Who snopes Snopes?

Reactions: fez

·
Registered
597 Posts
Good ole Horseshoe taps.....they are cool but when your schooling includes square dancing, they can be a bit embarrassing.....unless the girl you slip down on the floor with is pretty!

Reactions: fez

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They said if Ted Kennedy drove a VW he might have been president. They supposedly would float.

·
Registered
165 Posts
"Tuck in that shirt". Brought me back to my school days in 50's and 60's. Have your hair short. No chewing gum. No taps on your shoes. So who is that guy walking the halls with that da hair cut crackin gum and tapping his engineer boots? You guessed it.
Yeah, the bad ole days. But the girls all had to wear skirts and dresses and you didn't get in a world of trouble if you whistled or catcalled them!

·
Registered
4,653 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
They probably liked it that they were noticed.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts