Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know they make cheapo suppressors for $150, and if you wanna reallypiss off the ATF you can make one out of a muffler (with the tax stamp of course) for way cheaper. I've never bought a suppressor, mainly because of the price point, but sadly I have no firearms I'm eyeing right now so I'm looking to supe up my RDB a little. For someone who considers a $200 Vortex Crossfire a premium optic, in that it's the most I've ever spent on glass and probably ever will (although I do love it and probably won't buy anything again less than a Vortex), what would be a decent price range for a new suppressor?

I'm expecting it to be more than I'd like to spend, but I'm also expecting not to buy anything if overall it's going to set me back $500 just for 30 decibels. Does anyone have any experience with a suppressor I'm going to like that won't cost a mortgage payment?

Likewise, I've also recently just learned that blast shields are a thing. Does anyone have any recommendations for those? A little user experience would be nice too, since I've never seen or heard one yet. It's my understanding you want a a compensator/brake of some kind inside. Are there any blast shields that work with the standard bird cage that comes with the RDB-17?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I don't know what's going on with ATF. My first 2 suppressors took 4 months and my last one is going on month 13. It's the reason I haven't purchased two more suppressors, I just can't stomach the wait any longer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sorry, I'm late to the discussion. I love that price per value on the Turbo-K, but the reviewer indicated that it's not hearing safe. I'm looking for a can, that if in an emergency, I could just pick up my RDB, and use it and still have my hearing...😀. After years of loud noises and fun fire, my ears and head just can't take it. Can anyone advise an old paratrooper?

Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts