Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
I can't tell you overall. However, I can tell you that at my favorite gun shop the P3AT seriously outsells the P32. My preference is the P32 over the P3AT, for a small .380 ACP I prefer the LCP, I just think it shows better execution over the P3AT. Even so, I think the .380 ACP might be too much of a good thing in guns the size and weight of the LCP/P3AT. The .32 ACP, on the other hand, is fun to shoot even the the tiny P32, and I suspect the .32 ACP isn't as hard on the small parts required to make such a small gun work.

·
Registered
1,492 Posts
I think the .380 ACP might be too much of a good thing in guns the size and weight of the LCP/P3AT. The .32 ACP, on the other hand, is fun to shoot even the the tiny P32, and I suspect the .32 ACP isn't as hard on the small parts required to make such a small gun work.
^-- This. However most folks will think that if you can get a .380 in a .32 package, that's the way to go. I don't particularly agree, not only for the reasons above, but because the .32 gives you another round.

Some will say they put magazine extensions and finger grips to address these, at no cost of concealability. However, I put those views in the same category as those who claim to pocket carry a PF9 or a P11. Maybe they can do it, but I can't. About the only carry mode I use is what others would call "deep cover".

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm guessing the P32 has sold more overall but I'm curious, which are they selling more of these days- P32 OR P3AT? I'm sure someone here will have the answer.
Hello,

The BATF keeps track of such things and as Kel-Tec makes only one model of pistol in 32 ACP and 380 Auto its easy to track. The last year the BATF has figures for is 2010 and these are the numbers:

P-32 = 14,831 Made
P3AT = 40,638 Made

http://www.atf.gov/statistics/download/afmer/2010-final-firearms-manufacturing-export-report.pdf

One Note though is that the BATF has Kel-Tec being one of the largest makers of up to 25 caliber pistols in the US with 4541 made in 2010.

Best Regards: :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
looking at that list i am surprised that the only real manufacturers of any 32s are baretta and kel-tec.

·
Administrator
31,987 Posts
Taurus is now making a 32 version of their little pocket pistol. However, the ATF number/report are a year or so behind. The Taurus guns should be listed next time the report comes out.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts