Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
101 - 114 of 114 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
Got a TA33 for her but until the RDB is reliable, the TA sits atop the SU for now.
RDB went to KT today for a new BCW. Hope she comes back GTG.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
That is where I am at in this moment. It really is the lightest option of this type. My compact acog's are in the sub 10oz range and nothing prism or scope seems to be close.

Although I may try to do the red dot magnifier option in the mean time.
I snagged my TA from Optics Planet in October. They had the best prices ever. I should got two.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Primary arms will be releasing some first focal plane $300-400 simplified ACSS scopes soon, as in the next few months. They get rid of the height ranging off to the side, and replace it in the main reticle along with 5 & 10 mph wind leads. Believe it will be called the Raptor, and another in a higher mag range like 3-18 if I remember correctly.
Thanks for the heads-up on the Raptor - anxiously awaiting mine to arrive.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Very impressed with the Sig Romeo5, especially battery life and auto-on features. Worth a peek if one is thinking red-dot.

However, I am also considering the tried-and-true UTG Bugbuster as a budget means of magnification.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Funny you should ask. I ordered the same scope and it will be here Tuesday. One thing to consider is which side the mount nuts are on. The Primary Arms extended mount works for me because I'm left handed and the nuts are on the opposite from the charging handle. You run the risk of hitting the mount nuts when you rack the bolt if they are on the same side as the charging handle.
You can reverse the charging handle on the Keltec RDB.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey folks, about to pick up my RDB-S sometime this weekend if all goes well. Thought to ask here since the thread's already up and ready.

A bit torn between a couple of options, a Leupold VX Freedom 1.5-4x, or a Vortex Spitfire Gen II 3x. Keeping the weight and point of balance for the Survival model is a priority. Looking to keep engagements within ~100 meters but maintaining the option to reach out to 300 in a pinch. Both optics are priced similarly and right within my budget when you add a mount for the LPVO (at least on Optics Planet), both optics by themselves weigh just under ten ounces. The Freedom offering the LPVO boons in terms of eye box and versatility just shy of a 1x baseline. While the Vortex is alleged to be a fair bit more on the hardy side and brings illumination to the table. Already trained up on the Bindon so that's one less concern.

Thoughts? That 2.5x Ultralight site-legend Scotticus holds dear seems interesting, what kind of beating can it take?

·
Registered
960 Posts
I have yet to order one or even experience one, but I've heard good things about these:
And Primary Arms is a really good company.

I had a 30mm scope on my RDB and it was just too heavy. It would be totally inappropriate for your RDB-S. Now my RDB wears a MRD. That's much better. It might not be capable of minute of scumbag @ 300 yards but the RDB is only a 2-3 moa gun anyway.

For MRDs the MRO is good, but it lacks features I like to have in a MRD. It's probably rugged enough but I no longer am. I want "shake awake" and solar cells for power. That means Holosun. I like their closed tube sights and i have a bunch of them. Thousands of rounds under them and no failures of any sort. The downside is they're ChiCom.

·
Registered
124 Posts
If you want to keep something light, then throw a lightweight red dot sight on it. Holosun has a good selection of them and are priced reasonably.

How well are your eyesights? Do you have trouble with seeing targets at 100M-300M? Magnification is only there to help you see, not aim. I think a QD magnifier is not a bad option to go with because it offers great flexibility.

Personally, I would not put anything on a RDB-S since it comes with irons. Although I have never used RDB-S irons I would imagine they are good enough for hitting man sized target up to 300M, just like the Army standard M4 would do.

·
Premium Member
3,102 Posts
If youre looking at PA stuff, go ahead and step up to the GLx series. Sure, you only get 2X but you get an 11oz aiming device with 1/4 MOA, 12mm exit pupil and shake-awake, its almost perfect.

101 - 114 of 114 Posts