Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
81 - 100 of 114 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hmm, maybe I’m just unlucky but you can definitely go wrong in the 300$ range optics. In fact, you can go wrong in optics all the way up as far as I can tell. I sold a VX-6 that was 2000$ new because it has milrad reticle and Moa turrets. I also bought a bushnell 1-4 tackytical that was so awful I couldn’t even look through it. I’ve had swfa, valdada, leupold, Burris, bushnell. So far Burris is my favorite overall, but every scope has its downsides and I’ve sold 3 Burris scopes and don’t even own one now for various reasons. My only two scopes are both SWFA right now. They are cool, but heavy. And I have a nagging issue on the 1-6 that may lead me to another optic to replace it. I want to try the Burris RT-6 and the new Nikon. Also the Burris 1-8 seems like a dream but without testing its impossible to say.
Honestly that’s not at all what I said... speaking about the Primary Arms ACSS. I’ve been very pleased with mine with the caveats mentioned.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Ah sorry, I misread your reply.
LOL - no worries but I could certainly empathize with you reading your post. I’ve purchased a truckload of optics and other add-on items but find I’m too lazy to sell and end-up with boxes and boxes of crap I’ve been disappointed with over the years. It would be nice to have an easy way to try these things out first. Even with Amazon I’ll order something and by the time I get around to trying it - miss the return window. I’m trying to be more objective buying stuff and use sites like this one for that purpose.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Primary arms will be releasing some first focal plane $300-400 simplified ACSS scopes soon, as in the next few months. They get rid of the height ranging off to the side, and replace it in the main reticle along with 5 & 10 mph wind leads. Believe it will be called the Raptor, and another in a higher mag range like 3-18 if I remember correctly.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Primary arms will be releasing some first focal plane $300-400 simplified ACSS scopes soon, as in the next few months. They get rid of the height ranging off to the side, and replace it in the main reticle along with 5 & 10 mph wind leads. Believe it will be called the Raptor, and another in a higher mag range like 3-18 if I remember correctly.
Sweet - I will hold-off buying any until I can check that out. I did see they do indeed have a larger 4-14x that is FFP/ACSS and may snag that one in the meantime for another rifle that’ll be showing up soon.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I'm
I'm a fan of ACSS reticle and I'm interested in this new option as well. I already love their platinum model, but it's quite a bit more. If they're able to a ffp and give halfway decent glass, II' may have to add one to the Kel tec

·
Registered
117 Posts
Price for the FFP 1-6x is supposed to be right at the $400 mark. I suspect glass quality will be pretty much the same as their current offerings, but those are top of the line in their price range. Definitely not going to be as good as an Acog, or their Platinum. I have an Acog and unless you are trying to shoot really tight groups, or extreme long distance, it's not needed. Definitely really nice to have though. Good glass in a variable scope almost always ups the weight as well. I'm seriously considering their Platinum down the road. I'd love that with a chevron tip, and 5 & 10 mph wind leads

·
Registered
304 Posts
Primary Arms 4-14X44 FFP Scope w/ ACSS Orion Reticle .308/.223 PA4-14XFFP-ORION https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00XWCNDYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_lY2XAb3YJNN7S

The Orion reticle is basically that, a simplified ACSS reticle. There's another but I can't remember the name designation.

I've got one on a Mossberg MVP in 308 and it's a pretty good scope. I'm just not certain if it's offered in a lower magnification range.

·
Registered
117 Posts
One new reticle is called the Griffin, and another called the raptor. Don't remember details on reticles and Scopes at the moment though

·
Registered
9 Posts
Trying something a little different this time. If it don't work out I'll change it up.

THE BUGBUSTER!

I had one of these for a cheap home built a few years ago. Other than crosshairs being ever so slightly canted, it worked great for an el cheapo scope. Held its zero and glass while not swarovski quality was better than looking through a coke bottle.

·
Registered
4,042 Posts
The bug buster is legendary.
Let us know how it works.
I have a newer version 3-9 on the way.
Pics soon.

·
Registered
43 Posts
The Bugbuster is doing well so far. I actually had my rifle out shooting the other day and a turkey ran across the field at what I would guess to be 5-600 yards. Let me tell you, the Bugbuster is pretty useless at this range. On 9 power, it didn't hold a candle to my Bushnell 10x binos. But in its defense, the Bushnell had 1x more power (is that said right?) and cost about twice the amount of the BB. On the other hand, I've only shot it at 50 yards so far, but I really like it. I like the sunshade too, but you may as well throw away your lens cover if you use it. I'll test more later, but so far I've been happy.

81 - 100 of 114 Posts