which one? oh why not both!

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by 4jfarmer, Feb 18, 2011.

1. 4jfarmer

4jfarmer New Member

Dec 15, 2010
    been looking for awhile and saving my change and picked up my p3at today and ordered a pf9 :D I could not decide between the so i bit the bullet and am geting both. I like how both feel and both have their strong points for cc. Now i have a gun for for the changing seasons. I cary my pt 92 durring the cold weather when its easy to conceal. Figure the pf 9 will be my mild weather cary and the p3at for those hot months where its hard to conceal anything else. Now its time to start stocking up on ammo ;)

2. garyd1961

garyd1961 Banned

Jan 3, 2011
    NC
    I bought a PF9 and liked it, then I bought a like new P40 and I liked it too, tomorrow I plan to get a P3AT if the shop still has it.

3. robin.kevin

robin.kevin Guest

I am in the same boat... was wanting a PF9, end up with a P3AT from a trade with plans to sell it... However I have decided to keep the P3AT and get the PF9 as well. Those will be my only two handguns at this time one for hot weather or when I am in a hurry and dont feel like fooling with the larger PF9 and the PF9 for when I feel I need more firepower and/or can conceal it easy. Then all I will need is a good 1911... when is Kel Tec going to make the P1911 LOL!

4. orangehole

orangehole Member

Oct 19, 2007
    Congrats on buying both models. I am itching to buy a PF-9 soon. My G26 seems bulky and blocky compared to the PF-9. I have a P3AT but I feel like I am missing its bigger 9mm brother.

5. ksmoose

ksmoose New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    I also have both, the P3AT is so handy to drop in a pocket for the quick run to the store. It is also easy to carry on a walk in shorts or sweats.

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Have 2 P3ATs, one kinda dedicated to training and the other is shot less and pocket carried more. I'm saving for and looking at either a PF9 or PM9 to fit a niche between the P3AT and Glock 26 that I also carry.

Bill K.

7. Flight_Chief

Flight_Chief New Member

Nov 26, 2010
    P-3AT seems to work better than the PF-9. My PF-9 has always functioned but had to go back to factory twice because it kept dropping the magazine during firing. I agree with KSMOOSE that the smaller P-3AT is so small and convenient you can wear in gym shorts or sweats and still be reasonably armed.

The PF-9 is big for the pocket and since it needs a holster, the Glock 26/27 seems like a better choice. Not sure I will keep my PF-9 even though it has been fixed as it really doesn't compete well with my G27 for a lightweight carry gun. The little P-3AT on the other hand does really shine because it is so small, light and reliable.