Which one did I get?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by dustlane, Jul 4, 2011.

1. dustlane

dustlane New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    I am new to the forum and this my second handgun that I have purchased since my discharge from the military. The first was a P11 that I never even got to shoot before I had to sell it for financial reasons. My disability check is alot smaller than my active duty checks. Anyway, I just bought a brand new P-3AT online for a really good price....even after shipping and FFL fees. The picture the seller showed was a generic picture of a FG P-3AT and he stated that it was not the actual picture of the gun but the colors are the same. So I am not sure if I am getting a FG or SG. Are there still a bunch of new FG's out there for sale or am I more than likely going to get the SG model? I am not really concerned either way, I am just curious. Thanks!!

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    welcome to theKTOG

3. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    If this is a new gun it is almost surely a 2nd gen which has been out since 2005.

4. dustlane

dustlane New Member

Jul 4, 2011
    That is kind of what I figured. I didn't know what year the second generation came out. Plus, some of these smaller gun shops have new old stock guns for sale for years before someone buys them. As popular as the P-3AT is, I doubted there were many (if any) NOS FG's left out there. Thanks for the help!!