which laser

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by inmate, Mar 14, 2011.

1. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    My birthday is coming up and I would like to get lasers for me and the misses, I have a P3AT and her's is a P-32. I think I prefer the Armalaser but have not ruled out the CT. She says the CT is nicer but I feel the pressure switch would not be the best for comfort of grip, the Armalaser lasts 2x as long with battery life and has the instant on and it's like $50 cheaper than the CT and I'm buying 2.
    Anyway what do you guys prefer?

2. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

I would favor the Armalaser (which I have) for practice and the CT for carry (which I don't have). I really think your solution is very easy, buy the Armalaser for yourself and the CT for your wife. After you folks have used them both for awhile your opinion, because of your experience with both, will become most valuable as to the pros and cons of each laser choice. Let us know.

I'd guess the CT is more popular and that might mean more holster choices available.

Bill K.

Ps. As for looks, even though I have the Armalaser, I'd have to pick the CT.

3. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    thanks Bill, one of my concerns was the holster choices. I know the Armalaser comes with a Desantis Nemesis made for the Armalaser when you buy directly from them.
    Do you guys think the CT would be strong enough for back pocket carry everyday? Also the Armalaser comes with a 5 year warranty, which is nice.

4. orangehole

orangehole Member

Oct 19, 2007
    I have the armalaser on my P3AT and I do like it. Holster selection is a problem for the p3at with armalaser. I own the Don Hume IWB plus the included Desantis pocket rig. I have an order with Grandfather oak for an IWB kydex holster for my gun. If you plan on back pocket carry, you can always buy a Guru pocket holster for the armalaser equiped keltec.

I found the battery life was decent but not as good as my CT equiped guns but those use a bigger battery. I just picked up a bunch of the little 357 batteries from Ebay and they were fairly cheap. The thing I like most about the armalaser is that you do not need to change the way you grip the pistol or the awkward feeling of having to continue to press the button. The negative is the bulk it adds to the pistol and limited holster choices. I mostly carry inside my front pocket so the Desantis rig is all one really needs. I use the same Desantis for my CT J-frames and it works great. It came down to cost and shooting grip so that is why I chose the armalaser.

5. ericire12

ericire12 Guest

I love my Armalaser... I chose it over the CT b/c I dont like the CT's method of operation on a gun that small.

6. inmate

inmate New Member

Mar 2, 2011
    We spoke about the lasers yesterday and both agree we like the Armalaser better. Since we are moving Sat. I will wait to order it; what we decided was since she works in a commie state and can't carry there we will get 1 of them for now and see how we like it. I guess it will go on my P3AT and I'll try it first and see what's what, and then she can do the same, this way if we both like it we can just buy another. I'm going to use the Desantis holster they come with at first until I decide if I want one, then get a nice leather pocket holster.

7. badgerjohnson

badgerjohnson New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Does anyone have the battery number for the CT lasers? Is it something you can buy at CVS or Walmart?

TIA

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    From the CT FAQs...

How long will my batteries last? Where can I get them?

Almost all Crimson Trace Lasergrips use #2032 batteries. Batteries provide over four (4) hours of “ON” time. (LG-525 uses a 123 battery with up to 20 hours of “ON”.) These batteries are readily available and inexpensive.

9. badgerjohnson

badgerjohnson New Member

Feb 22, 2011
    Mine is different - barrel shaped. CR 1/3 N, typically used in dog collars and Sanyo cameras. Have 'em at 'Batteries Plus'.

10. kcmtnbiker

kcmtnbiker New Member

Jul 21, 2010
    I have the Armalaser and it functions as expected. Like everyone else, holster selection is the major drawback. I mostly use the desantis pocket holster that came with it, IWB belt clip, or Pistol Wear's Trump Card holster.

11. copterdrvr

copterdrvr New Member

Apr 11, 2009
    I have CT lasers on a P9F, P3AT and a Kahr PM9 and I can't imagine using ANY other laser system. The CT system fits as though the gun was made with the laser as a part of the original manufacture. The activation system is absolutely perfect and causes no problems whatsoever and in fact it could NOT be a better activation system. If someone is confused with pushing the button in front of the grip then they probably shouldn't be carrying a handgun as it's painfully simple and reliable.

Holster options are limitless as everyone makes a holster that fits this combo. Many people have said that they thought my pistols "came" with the CT laser built into the original design.

12. tomdickandharry

tomdickandharry Member

Mar 7, 2011
    Orlando Fl
    Is the laser really worth it? Its going to cost almost as much as the gun to get one.

13. ericire12

ericire12 Guest

You can get the Armalaser on Amazon for $100... and yes it is totally worth it. It greatly speeds up follow up shots. Its a great confidence booster, and its great for practice.

14. EnufIsTooMuch

EnufIsTooMuch New Member

Mar 6, 2011
  15. JMaldo

JMaldo New Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Not only is a laser a confidence builder but I believe it has an “IT” factor from whom the red (or green) dot is on. If the fact they have a gun pointed in their face doesn’t get their attention, I am sure the DOT will.

On my p-3at I have the CL and love it. Like posted before-looks and functions like it came that way from the Kel-Tec.

16. Badman400

Badman400 Active Member

I've had the CL on mine for almost 3 years. It has held zero with only one slight re-adjustment in all that time. And the P3AT is my EDC.

Happy customer here. I looked at the Armalaser too and just decided it was too big for my tastes.

After all, the small size was a "big" factor in choosing the P3AT to begin with.

And I was still able to use the same pocket holster (Elite Survival Systems), with only a slight modification.

I find the CT to be very natural and "un" noticeable. When you grip the pistol naturally, it's on.  :cool:

And BTW, I paid more like $185 for mine way back when, so $135 is a nice price IMHO!  :eek:

As always YMMV.  ;)

[​IMG]

17. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Thanks for the link.  I have been looking for a good price on the CT.  I have one on order now and looking forward to getting it on my P3AT and out to the range.  :)

18. c13urge

c13urge New Member

Mar 18, 2011
    I love my Crimson Trace. Excellent quality!!!

19. 82boy

82boy New Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Thanks for the info.
    Is this is cheapest place to get one?

20. Bilbo

Bilbo Member

Feb 16, 2011
    Thanks for the info.
    Is this is cheapest place to get one? [/quote]

The cheapest I could find before this was $160.  But most were at about $170.