Which finger extension?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by Cremator, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    Trying to decide which one to get. Which of the first two fit better, the bersa or the kel-tec? Does one stick out more than the other? I know the kel-tec has some grooves on it and the bersa is smooth. It is kind of hard to tell what it will look like with the stock pictures not on the guns. Anyone have any pick of their extensions?

2. haugrdr

haugrdr Super Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Jan 4, 2008
    Daytona Beach
    I have the KelTec finger extension, and I'm happy with it, but really can't say about the other 2 as I have not tried them.

Rick

3. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    +1 is the only one that doesn't smash my fingers up. Plus it gives you, well, +1.

I do think you need a "none" choice though as there are a lot of people that don't like any extension.

-Scott

4. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    There is that and the fact that the +1 doesn't hook onto clothes like a finger extension does. Scott knows this and that's why he likes carrying his +1 extension when he carries ITW with only the belt clip.

;D

5. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    Trying to [​IMG]???

-Scott

6. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
    My concern is the +1 makes the gun too tall. I was thinking the finger rest would not protrude as much, and it also does not look like it has that much of a hook to catch on cloths. I need to see some side by sides pics to see the difference installed.

7. pocketgun

pocketgun New Member

May 4, 2005
    My concern is the +1 makes the gun too tall. I was thinking the finger rest would not protrude as much, and it also does not look like it has that much of a hook to catch on cloths. I need to see some side by sides pics to see the difference installed.[/quote]

The finger rest really printed in my pocket/pocket holster. It beat the record of "quickest removed KT accessory" (previously belonging to the P-3AT belt clip) by about 4 minutes, mostly due to the fact I was able to get it off quicker than the old champ.

I use the stock baseplate on my "in gun" carry mag, and the +1 extension for my spare carry mag. The extra height makes little difference on the spare mag, but gives you the extra round to make up for the one you won't have in the chamber the second time around (if you live that long).

8. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Hi,

I have a Bersa one one of my P3Ats and the kel-Tec on my second. I like them both and can't discern a dimes worth of difference between them with respect to feel or function. One of these days will order and try the +1.

Take care...

9. theheater905

theheater905 New Member

Feb 8, 2008
    I have both the KT finger extension and the +1, after trying both I shelved the +1 and put the finger extension on all my mags. I dont know anything about the Bersa.

10. ib4singlestack

ib4singlestack New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    How about an option for none.   That's my vote.
    The bigger it is over-all,  the less likely I'll be carry'n when I need it..

11. torrent

torrent New Member

Dec 18, 2006
    Just messin' with you a little bit there buddy ;D

12. paulpetricas

paulpetricas New Member

Oct 5, 2007
    none i like the gun without extensions

13. Potlicquor

Potlicquor New Member

Mar 29, 2007
    My choice is the Plus One from Kel-tec, but I've heard good reports about the others also...good luck in making a decision.

14. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Active Member

Aug 6, 2007
    I've got the +1's on both of my mags. I also have the Bersa extensions, but they are no longer installed. The +1's are essentially the same length, so the +1's get the nod from me.

15. ttorion

ttorion New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The Bersa extension is on the left and the Kel-Tec is on the right.

I prefer the Bersa. It is the first I purchased. When I needed more I found the Kel-Tec to be cheaper. However, I don't care for the extra length on the Kel-Tec. Also, the Bersa fits the magazine better than the Kel-Tec. The Bersa is rounded to fit the curve of the magazine whereas the Kel-Tec is more square. This can be seen in the last photo.

16. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    If I knew where to get the Bersa, I think I would prefer it. I don't care for the KT at all as I thought it was too big.
    Your picture shows me that the Bersa looks to be just what I am looking for, or at least what I would like to try next.

The +1 gave me problems with FTFs and I felt that was due to the spring being too short.
    I have three magazines and tried it on all three and had the same trouble with them all so I put it away with the other one.

So my vote would be for NO EXTENSION for now with my wish to try the Bersa before finalizing my vote.

Can someone direct me to the place the Bersa extension can be obtained please?

17. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Wow,

Like I posted I've got both, but had no idea the difference in size that your photos show. Never compared my guns side by side but will sometime soon. I might be scribing the shape/size of the Bersa on to the Kel-Tech and then using my oscillating drum sander to cut the Kel-Tec down.

Take care...

18. Rubb

Rubb New Member

Jun 19, 2006
    After trying both Bersa and KT+1, the +1 wins for me.
    An extra round and less print believe it or not ;)

19. Cremator

Cremator New Member

Oct 31, 2007
  20. wheelguy

wheelguy New Member

May 4, 2007
    Stellar post, ttorion - you rock :cool:

Bersa for me too - same reason (it's smaller but still effective).