Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The title says it all. KT said they were offering the RDB in 6.5 Grendel two years ago. Still nothing. I don't want another gun in 5.56 and I don't want to build ANOTHER AR...

Where's the love?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, but for $275 you can get Barrel Boss to convert an SU16 to 300BLK. Can an RDB be converted easily? Or is it like the RFB where the entire gun hangs off the barrel?

·
Registered
2,816 Posts
Can an RDB be converted easily? Or is it like the RFB where the entire gun hangs off the barrel?
Unfortunately, it is:
RDB:
Tool

RFB:

Or in 300 BLK.: https://www.thektog.org/threads/rdb...el-and-other-accessories.266941/#post-2393814
Take a number, we're still waiting for a RFB in 6.5 Creedmore:rolleyes:.
And we were here first:p.
Some people just don't understand why "gas-guns" aren't offered in 8 different chamberings on day one like bolt guns.
...It is hard as hell to make them work reliably:wall:.
You have to look at it from KT's manufacturing view; if you can sell 1000 more units per month than you can produce in dam22 that work flawless, and everybody's stepbrother has ammo for, why pull manufacturing capability away to make some in another :quote:obscure:quote: chambering that may not?

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Take a number, we're still waiting for a RFB in 6.5 Creedmore:rolleyes:.
And we were here first:p.
See, I have no interest in the RFB in anything other than .308/7.62x51. I've been happy with mine for going on seven years. It's not the most accurate .308 I own, but it's more than good enough for my purposes.

When I think 6.5 Creedmoor, I think looong range accuracy. I can't see KelTec making an RFB in 6.5 Creedmoor that can live up to the potential of the cartridge, so why bother?

I want an RDB in 6.5 Grendel because I'm bored with 5.56. No other rational reason. I don't NEED another gun... :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.