Where to get mag extender?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by iweb, Nov 23, 2008.

1. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    I see quite a few guns with mag pinkie extenders, are they from Kel-Tec or someplace else?

2. edpm3

edpm3 New Member

Nov 12, 2008

3. Checker4Tix

Checker4Tix Well-Known Member

Aug 6, 2007
    They are pricey, but I really like my +1 extensions. They also serve the same function as the pinky only extensions. I have the +1's on all my P3AT mags, making them the most expensive magazines I own.

I think you can only get the +1's through KT. I'm pretty sure the Bersa floor plates with the pinky extension also fit the P3AT mags. You can shop around for prices on them.

4. iweb

iweb New Member

Nov 22, 2008
    Cool, thanks for the info.

5. torrent

torrent Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2006
    +1 extensions all the way for me. They serve two purposes for a little more money. Having the extra round is a very nice idea methinks.

6. harleyboy

harleyboy New Member

May 25, 2008
    I agree the 1+ extensions for me are the best way to go

7. flaregun

flaregun New Member

Nov 5, 2008
    I took mine off, it causes it to snag in my shorts pocket. I want to keep the gun small.
    I may put it on my second mag now.

8. diamond_jim

diamond_jim New Member

Oct 28, 2008
    I replaced my grip extender with a mag +1 ext. and am satisified, only a few bucks more and an Xtra round to gain. Jim <><

9. voigts

voigts New Member

Sep 30, 2008
    I also echo the +1 extension. I tried the pinky extension and took it off. The +1 works much better and gives me a much better grip on this gun. I got mine via gunbroker.com.

10. ElBoricua

ElBoricua New Member

Sep 25, 2008
    I already have the grip extension after reading some of your reply i am really thinking about the +1 extension.

11. zilch57

zilch57 New Member

Oct 13, 2008
    I removed my pinky extender. When firing my P3, at least once with each mag I inadvertently eject the mag.  I even went so far as filing the mag release button down, but it didn't help. With the extender removed the problem went away.

I realize that it's my grip but when I concentrating on my target my thumb moves and I push the eject button.

My next step is to buy the + one extension.

12. KMVFD3407

KMVFD3407 New Member

Nov 26, 2008
    NE Alabama
    I just got my P-3AT a few weeks ago, and I got the pinky extender on eBay. I like the feel of it with it installed. I was looking at the +1 extension, not sure if I will indulge yet.