Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trying to find some Lake City XM193 55gr FMJ's...everyone is sold out seems like.... want to try some out in my gun.

·
Registered
240 Posts
I keep telling ya'll, go to www.ammoseek.com. They keep an updated listing of all ammo online, price, quantity and in stock. One stop shopping to find what you are looking for.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I keep telling ya'll, go to www.ammoseek.com. They keep an updated listing of all ammo online, price, quantity and in stock. One stop shopping to find what you are looking for.
Just went there, plugged in rifle ammo...5.56/223..55 gr...Lake City...results=O nothing.. But thanks..

·
Registered
152 Posts
I can't find it either in my area. Settled for American Eagle black box. Bought 200 rounds last week at a local store. They run fine in my Charlie.

·
Registered
152 Posts
http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/AMM2031-1.html
They are out as well, but this is what I bought last month on sale locally for 6.49. This last week they were 6.99 but I bought 200 rounds just because they had them in stock. Least they are FMJBT. May be the same product as the hard to find Lake City. Even checked Wally World for the old 100 round value pack. None to be found anymore ????

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have those on the shelf at work..well the 5.56 version..but I was wanting to try that Lake city stuff..also want to try the stripper clips..

·
Registered
152 Posts
My son has several stripper clips. He just picked them up from his travels in the Marine Corps. Not preloaded as they sell them, but they do assist loading a long magazine. They work well in combat, but for my use at a local shooting range it's about as efficient to just load the rounds in the mag one at a time. Stripper clips do give you something to do at home if you just want to load a couple 4 or 5 of them to give a rapid reloading capability.
There again I like my metal mags where the stripper clips fit in at the top. You just give them a good shove and they disappear into the mag. Load another one and it gets stiffer, but they still go in. 10 seconds I would say to reload a 30 round mag with stripper clips/ with practice. I'm sure some folks have that down to less than that, but that's getting hard core :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts