Where to get frame Duracoated?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by pitbill, May 4, 2008.

1. pitbill

pitbill New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    Anyone know of a good place to get my wife's P3AT frame Duracoated in the "Lady Pink" color for her birthday? I've tried e-mailing CCR and a few other places that supposedly perform this service, but I haven't heard back from anyone. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

2. You can order the Dura-Coat and do it yourself if you want. Basically all you have to do is to strip the frame and clean it. Then, sand lightly with 600 grit or blast with 120 grit aluminum oxide. Spray the Dura-Coat with an airbrush.

Here's the website to order.

http://www.duracoat-firearm-finishes.com/

3. gatorhugger

gatorhugger Banned

Jan 19, 2008
    Is duracoat more or less Durable than the Fuselier nickel job?

4. trapn1

trapn1 New Member

Aug 8, 2007
    I don't know if all do it but my local Gander Mtn. offers Duracoat services.  George

5. pitbill

pitbill New Member

Feb 18, 2007
    I guess I should have said "grip" instead of "frame", but you all have good suggestions and know what I mean.  ;D I am actually wanting CCR to do the work after seeing alot of you guys refinished guns and notice that they post here alot, but I have sent a few e-mails already and still no replys yet. I probably should just call them direct.

I wouldn't mind doing the work myself, but my work schedule puts me working between 60-70 hours a week in the welding shop, so I really don't have alot of time to take on too many projects.  :-/

Thanks guys.

6. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007

VERY ATTRACTIVE :eek: trying to decide between this one and the job done by apwcogan see below it's also extremely attractive as well. Guess I'll have to sleep on it and maybe do a little more research. humm :-/

http://www.apwcogan.com/KelTec.htm

Tom j.

7. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Apwcogan offer a two tone deal satin aluminium on the slide and brushed chrome on the barrel absolutely gorgeous!! :eek:

Tom j.