Where to get a metal mag catch?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by brockgl, Mar 15, 2009.

1. brockgl

brockgl New Member

Mar 9, 2009
    Just fired my P3AT for the very first time today, and it was 100% flawless. I am in love with this gun. However, I have seen reference to people replacing their magazine catches with metal ones, which I would like to do. But I cannot seem to find these for sale anywhere. Looked on Brownells, Midway, and Kel-Tec's website. Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find one of these?

Oh here's a pic of the gun. I bought it new last Sunday, and ordered the belt clip and mag extension on Monday.

[​IMG]

2. CJP32

CJP32 Active Member

Jul 24, 2008
    No one really makes them in large amounts, just some small shops or private people with the equipment. There is an ad in the trading post section for the $40 each with good reviews. You will need 25 posts to find the trading post.
    FWIW I have owned a P32 for about 7 years and it still works great with the original plastic mag catch and KT will send you a replacement for free if you ever need one.

CJ

3. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    good looking p3at. they say the metal mag release is a good things. but to me the plastic is ok. on my two p-11 and my p3at they have never gone bad. if they do kel tec will send me one for free. hard to buy something when you can get one free.

4. Moose

Moose New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    Give DaveNC a pm

Looks good, sometimes I wish I had got that in lieu of green.

5. CH

CH New Member

Dec 7, 2008
    Check your messages.

6. h2ojunkie

h2ojunkie New Member

Jun 30, 2007
    I'd really like to get my hands on 2 of the metal mag catches.

I orderd from Two Pistol Packer almost a year ago, but apparently he decided to take my money and buy beer instead of filling the order.

So if anyone can point me to where I can get a couple of the metal catches, it would be appreciated.

7. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  8. papajoe

papajoe New Member

Aug 16, 2008
    I also would like to get a metal mag catch. This post will get me one post closer to the trading post.

9. MikeN

MikeN New Member

Mar 20, 2009
    hehe.. 25 posts just to look? :p

10. ctlover

ctlover New Member

Nov 9, 2008
    I would like to purchase one of the metal mag catches too. I guess I better get busy making posts so I can get to the trading post. I guess there is some logical reason for having to have 25 posts to get there, but I have no idea what that might be, so I guess I will just up my post count so I can get there.

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Frankly, had you read the rules you would understand the reason.  A link to the rules was PMed to you upon registration.  Apparently you missed that.  

This excerpt most definately applies:

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1111130452