Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for the short (12.25) top rail. All I am seeing is the new 15 inch extended top rail. The short one doesn’t appear to be on High-Tech’s website any longer. Does anyone know where I can get the short top rail? Thanks

·
Registered
317 Posts
I am looking for the short (12.25) top rail. All I am seeing is the new 15 inch extended top rail. The short one doesn’t appear to be on High-Tech’s website any longer. Does anyone know where I can get the short top rail? Thanks
Yeah the only reason to get the Hi-Tech one is for a longer rail.

The KT rail is also a lot cheaper as well!

·
Registered
28 Posts
KSG owners who switched to a longer, Hi-Tech rail may be a good source too (if they're willing to sell their stock rails).

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I initially bought the regular 12.25" rail from KT and used it for about 1 month before switching to the longer HiTech rail. Now the rail just sits in a box collecting dust.

·
Registered
317 Posts
Yeah, if you just want a red dot or maybe a light/laser combo the KT rail is fine, especially if you prefer scout-style positioning; but if you want one of those slick shell carriers especially the KS7 really needs those placed further back than most shotguns since the loading port is so far back as well so the extra few inches really matters then.

·
Registered
474 Posts
I've got one brand new that i will let go at a bit of a savings. I have a plan but need the longer one for it to work. PM me

·
Premium Member
50 Posts
I might be interested in taking it off your hands. How much with shipping to CA?
I don't plan on using mine since I swapped it for the longer one. So its just sitting in a box. Im in SoCal, San Diego area so if you are near by you may just pick it up.

·
Premium Member
50 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
I got mine on Amazon, 2 for 18$. I had to drill and countersink a hole because the distance is not quite right between them. For $9 vs $40 I don't mind a little drilling.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts