Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
There is no one selling the P50. Not even on Gunbroker. I can't find one to buy anywhere. Is it not being destributed to dealers?

just saw it for 1087.99

·
Registered
268 Posts

just saw it for 1087.99
That's $250 too much.

·
Registered
54 Posts
It's a very interesting weapon. With the Farrow Tech brace it might be just the thing for people in the personal/executive security business. Home defense also comes to mind but definitely not for apartment or condo dwellers.
But the low availability and high cost of ammunition! I'd like to own one but I'm going to wait and see whether the 5.7 x 28mm round catches on.

·
Registered
268 Posts
It's a very interesting weapon. With the Farrow Tech brace it might be just the thing for people in the personal/executive security business. Home defense also comes to mind but definitely not for apartment or condo dwellers.
But the low availability and high cost of ammunition! I'd like to own one but I'm going to wait and see whether the 5.7 x 28mm round catches on.
5.7x28 is an excellent round for HD in an apartment or condo. It is less likely to over penetrate like a rifle round would. It's lower recoil than a 9mm. It's effective against light body armor. More rounds on tap at a lower overall weight than a comparable PCC or rifle. The real issue is noise. 5.7 is LOUD indoors.

As far as whether 5.7x28 will ever catch on, it's been around for 30 years. It's always had a strong following. But the number of gun options has been limited, and the ones that were on the market were priced well above other firearms. Ruger introducing the 57 was a great step forward, but unfortunately, the pandemic hit a couple months later, and prices for ammo are through the roof. Things will settle down again and hopefully more companies will offer guns in the caliber. More importantly, hopefully there will be other ammo manufacturers to help bring the price down. Up until recently, Fiocchi was the only one making brass for FN and Federal. Now there are a couple of other manufacturers working on their own offerings. That will be huge if they can get their brass to market in the near future.

·
Registered
630 Posts
talking about price, I am nudging 70 and am now realizing there are a lot of people to whom the difference between $899 and $2500 for the same gun isn't a meaningful amount of money. their wives have a closet full of purses that each cost more than that.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Woot tracking shows movement. Should arrive at my FFL Wed.

Opppseee I did it again

Found it online via gundeals, smokin'guns had 3 listed at 1500 on gundeals. I went to the page and it was only 1125 and 15 shipping no cc fees no tax I had to jump on it now the wait to see if it actually gets here. It is now listed out of stock

10/07/2021
This email confirms your recent payment of $1,139.99.
QtyItem
Amount
1 xKel-Tec KEL P50 PST 5.7 PST 50RD B
UPC #640832008579
$1,125.00​
1 xHandgun Shipping Fee
$14.99​
Total: $1,139.99​

21 - 36 of 36 Posts