Where is it!!!

Discussion in 'SU-22' started by ksdtoday, Mar 24, 2008.

1. ksdtoday

ksdtoday New Member

Jan 8, 2008
    Well Spring is here and where is the SU-22!! Any Offical release date? Or Offical Model list?

2. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    no official release date, but the earliest you would see one in the stores would be end of April. The PLR-22 pistol will probably be out 2 to 4 weeks before the SU-22.

so far there is only one model rifle that the distrubutors have a price for. That is the SU-22CA (C style barrel, A style stock). There will be an SU-22E with the same barrel, but Pistol grip collapsible stock. this one will be out later, and the price is not yet set.

both models will be available with 10round mags for those in California.

3. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    So if the SU-22 might be out at the end of April, and the PLR-22 might be out four weeks sooner, does that mean the PLR-22 might be out next week?

L4E - who's normally very good with math, but is not very good with time.

4. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    best case would be if they are both released at the same time (earliest would be end of April), but chances are the rifle will be a little later.

5. gungoat

gungoat New Member

Sep 15, 2005
    well, I have wait'ed two months for any more info and nothing.so I'm asking w'sup. when you have the cash in hand and can't get what you want, you get itchy. I'm starting to develop a rash. ::)

6. shep854

shep854 Active Member

Feb 27, 2006
    Birmingham, AL
    I trust this means K-T is taking the time to get it right!

7. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    well,
    There were some delays in getting barrel blanks, but the first batch of about 200 got here last week and they are being turned into barrels as we speak. Bolts are allready made, so it's just the barrels that need to get finished and then the guns can be assembled and shipped.

Its Looking like 2 or 3 more weeks from now before they go out the door, as long as the printed instruction manuals get here on time.

8. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Thanks once again for the update.

Is this the SU-22 or the PLR-22?

I'm wanting both, but mostly the SU-22.

9. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    both,

Barrel blanks for both came in, so they will both be made and shipped about the same time.

10. Liberty4Ever

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    Woot!

[​IMG]

I'm going to have an SU-22 for the KTOG National Meet!

Thanks!

11. rbsanspree

rbsanspree New Member

Feb 27, 2007
    The real question is will the AR-stock version be ready and shipped by then? I have lots of pennies saved up, and hope to have enough by then.

12. ktwm

ktwm New Member

Oct 26, 2004
    No,

The AR-stock version will not ship for a month or 2. It will not fit in a standard size box so we have to get a new one made.  The stock is currently available as an accessory though.

13. Pine_Cone

Pine_Cone New Member

May 28, 2008
    So where can we order one? My SU-16B is starting to feel really lonely :-[

14. BuccaneersFan

BuccaneersFan New Member

Jul 16, 2007
    Will B & H be one of the first places to have these in stock???

15. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    Any more word on when ? ? ?

16. raybsc

raybsc New Member Supporter

Oct 9, 2006
    It appears this could be a hoax. This happens with every Kel Tec made and it is either a hoax or a ploy to peak interest.
    I have learned when I hear an announcement from them to check back in nine months to a year and not get my hopes up.
    :(

17. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    They may under OVERestimate their ability (or their supplier's which is the same thing) to deliver on a certain time frame but I would bet my life savings (not much at this point) that it is not a hoax.  KTWM and KT in general are straight shooters.  

-Scott

Edited to fix brain fart and lack of proof reading.

18. virtual-rj

virtual-rj New Member

Jul 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    unfortunately, I think I need to agree here.

we will see them, probably not until q1 2009 though. too many other people involved.

19. burley

burley Active Member

Nov 26, 2006
    Kansas
    "SU-22
    Little sister to the SU-16 family of rifles in 22LR. Available in Spring 2008."
    Guess at least we may want to change this header unless they are releasing by Saturday :(

20. cyberdragon

cyberdragon New Member

Apr 1, 2008
    burley....there is still a couple days hope...lol....