Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 135 Posts

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
no official release date, but the earliest you would see one in the stores would be end of April. The PLR-22 pistol will probably be out 2 to 4 weeks before the SU-22.

so far there is only one model rifle that the distrubutors have a price for. That is the SU-22CA (C style barrel, A style stock). There will be an SU-22E with the same barrel, but Pistol grip collapsible stock. this one will be out later, and the price is not yet set.

both models will be available with 10round mags for those in California.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
So if the SU-22 might be out at the end of April, and the PLR-22 might be out four weeks sooner, does that mean the PLR-22 might be out next week?

L4E - who's normally very good with math, but is not very good with time.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
best case would be if they are both released at the same time (earliest would be end of April), but chances are the rifle will be a little later.

·
Registered
29 Posts
well, I have wait'ed two months for any more info and nothing.so I'm asking w'sup. when you have the cash in hand and can't get what you want, you get itchy. I'm starting to develop a rash. ::)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
I trust this means K-T is taking the time to get it right!

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
well,
There were some delays in getting barrel blanks, but the first batch of about 200 got here last week and they are being turned into barrels as we speak. Bolts are allready made, so it's just the barrels that need to get finished and then the guns can be assembled and shipped.

Its Looking like 2 or 3 more weeks from now before they go out the door, as long as the printed instruction manuals get here on time.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
Thanks once again for the update.

Is this the SU-22 or the PLR-22?

I'm wanting both, but mostly the SU-22.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
both,

Barrel blanks for both came in, so they will both be made and shipped about the same time.

·
Super Moderator
10,056 Posts
Woot!

I'm going to have an SU-22 for the KTOG National Meet!

Thanks!

·
Registered
464 Posts
The real question is will the AR-stock version be ready and shipped by then? I have lots of pennies saved up, and hope to have enough by then.

·
Registered
2,169 Posts
No,

The AR-stock version will not ship for a month or 2. It will not fit in a standard size box so we have to get a new one made.  The stock is currently available as an accessory though.

·
Premium Member
1,260 Posts
It appears this could be a hoax. This happens with every Kel Tec made and it is either a hoax or a ploy to peak interest.
I have learned when I hear an announcement from them to check back in nine months to a year and not get my hopes up.
:(

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
raybsc said:
It appears this could be a hoax.  This happens with every Kel Tec made and it is either a hoax or a ploy to peak interest.
I have learned when I hear an announcement from them to check back in nine months to a year and not get my hopes up.
They may under OVERestimate their ability (or their supplier's which is the same thing) to deliver on a certain time frame but I would bet my life savings (not much at this point) that it is not a hoax.  KTWM and KT in general are straight shooters.  

-Scott

Edited to fix brain fart and lack of proof reading.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
raybsc said:
It appears this could be a hoax.  This happens with every Kel Tec made and it is either a hoax or a ploy to peak interest.
unfortunately, I think I need to agree here.

we will see them, probably not until q1 2009 though. too many other people involved.

·
Registered
6,102 Posts
"SU-22
Little sister to the SU-16 family of rifles in 22LR. Available in Spring 2008."
Guess at least we may want to change this header unless they are releasing by Saturday :(

1 - 20 of 135 Posts