Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, I'm new here.
I'd like to buy a new P32. As we all know, both new and used ones seem to get snatched up in hours, and used ones are fetching top dollar.
It seems crazy to have to keep calling around hoping for a miracle. My LGS doesn't normally order them.
1) Is there a dealer who is known for reliably taking orders for P32s, receiving them, and shipping to customers?
2) Any recommendations for type of finish? I intend to carry on a holster in a front pocket, though I might also try the stock belt clip IWB. I'm leaning toward a nickel slide if they are available (or if Keltec will still do it for a reasonable price). If not, is the Parkerized finish a good choice for a gun that won't be pampered?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
PS. Above I wrote "nickel finish" when I meant "hard chrome".
I read that years ago Keltec would refinish a blued gun in hard chrome for about $20. I'm guessing that's no longer offered?

Thanks.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the information. I guess I'll get on some lists and keep searching. It's good to know new P32s are still being made, I was concerned KT might just concentrate all available production on the more popular P3AT.

Terry_tr6, I'll try to find out if Keltec will sell me a hard chrome slide.

FWIW, I thought Chris Baker at "Lucky Gunner" has been very fair to the .32 ACP in general and the P32 in particular. Per the total number of .380 and .32 pistols out there, they sell a LOT more .32ACP ammo >per gun.< His take: folks who own .32s are a lot more likely to shoot them and stay proficient (in general). I'll suspect he's right.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
CCR Refinishing does a great job on P32 slides with their CPII process, only $39
Thanks. CCR claims the CPII helps reduce the coefficient of friction, which sounds great for the >inside< of the slide (runners, easy cleaning), but not so great when trying to grip the outside of the slide. Have you had the CPII process done on your gun, and have you noticed a difference in being able to grip the slide? Thanks.
PS: It does look good and should be more rust resistant than blueing.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Thanks. CCR claims the CPII helps reduce the coefficient of friction, which sounds great for the >inside< of the slide (runners, easy cleaning), but not so great when trying to grip the outside of the slide. Have you had the CPII process done on your gun, and have you noticed a difference in being able to grip the slide? Thanks.
PS: It does look good and should be more rust resistant than blueing.
Had it done before, never had any problem racking it. Cleans up really easy, too.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Prices are currently more than double the pre-pandemic price. I bought one new for $149 in 2019. Don't overpay right now that ammo is also overpriced. Keep an eye on prices and be patient.
I can see the logic there, and this isn't a "gotta have immediately" situation. OTOH, I wonder how long this gun supply shortage is going to last. Pandemic is one thing, but politics is another biggie. It seems we're always one shooting, one Supreme Court appointment, one election away from changes, and it drives demand (warranted or not). Add in expected inflation (5%? 8%?) and paying list price right now doesn't seem outrageous. Plus, I'd get to shoot it in the interim. And, if KelTec just decided to stop making them, well, I'd regret not getting one.
But, I agree--I'm not going to GunBroker and bid $400 for a used P-32.
BTW, I bought a box of .32 Fiochi FMJ range ammo yesterday at my local USAF Base Exchange for $27, and they had more. They were sold out of 9mm, .38, .380, .45, etc. Sometimes things work out.
Thanks for the input..

·
Registered
15 Posts
Bud's Gun Shop has them for $300. First time I've seen them there in a long time.

...so it seems they're back in production. Would expect prices to come down soon.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bud's Gun Shop has them for $300. First time I've seen them there in a long time.

...so it seems they're back in production. Would expect prices to come down soon.
Thanks, this is good news. Now, I need to decide to buy a blued one when I can (maybe get the CPII treatment on the slide, as recommended by Bear Claw), or wait and hope Keltec makes some P32s in Nickel Boron and the retail price isn't crazy. But either way if they are being made that's good news.

·
Registered
375 Posts
I had to order mine, I rarely see anyone carry one in the case and they’re always used.

One of my local range/ gun stores has a big selection of online firearms, NOT stuff they carry in the store. Must be an agreement with a large out of state distributor as there’s another gun store 30 miles away unrelated to my LGS that has the same linked website/selection. Order online, gun is shipped to store who does paperwork. Transfer fee is included at purchase for $20.
Not sure if they carry them but I’ve gotten good deals online thru KYGUNCO as well. Good prices, fast shipping and no surprises.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
I'm back on the hunt for a P32 with a nickel boron slide. It seems I'll need to decide between these options (anyobody got other ideas?)
1) Keep looking for a used one. I haven't found one in a few months of looking, but I'm sure they do come up. Of course,in today's market it could be crazy expensive. As always, condition would be an unknown until it is in hand.

2) Wait until K-T builds some and hope I can buy one. Any guesses on when this might be? It's hard to get info from K-T, and the distributors I've contacted don't respond to retail customers. (fair enough, but I had to try). I wonder what the retailers will price them at, if they ever arrive--the present market remains wacky.

3) Buy a blued P32 now and hope to buy a NiB slide from Kel-Tec at some future date (it looks like they used to sell for about $90 whenever they had them last, complete with extractor, firing pin, etc). Pricey, but apparently still a lot less expensive than what I've found as current prices to have a slide treated with electroless nickel boron at a third-party shop.

I'm leaning toward Option 3 now. I'd have a P32 ("bird in the hand") in case they decide to halt production. Also, heck, I might find that, despite the sweat, I can keep it working fine with proper attention. $90 (if that's still the price in today's market) isn't a LOT, and I'd then have a spare blued slide, extractor, firing pin, etc for the decades to come.

I was surprised to see K-T cancel P3AT production, but I don't know their corporate production constraints, costs, margins, etc. Though K-T was first to market with that type of item in .380, I'm sure the competition from Ruger et al hurt P3AT sales. Nobody else is selling .32's of this type, hopefully K-T keeps making the P32 for a long time.

Thoughts? Thanks.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I'm back on the hunt for a P32 with a nickel boron slide. It seems I'll need to decide between these options (anyobody got other ideas?)
1) Keep looking for a used one. I haven't found one in a few months of looking, but I'm sure they do come up. Of course,in today's market it could be crazy expensive. As always, condition would be an unknown until it is in hand.

2) Wait until K-T builds some and hope I can buy one. Any guesses on when this might be? It's hard to get info from K-T, and the distributors I've contacted don't respond to retail customers. (fair enough, but I had to try). I wonder what the retailers will price them at, if they ever arrive--the present market remains wacky.

3) Buy a blued P32 now and hope to buy a NiB slide from Kel-Tec at some future date (it looks like they used to sell for about $90 whenever they had them last, complete with extractor, firing pin, etc). Pricey, but apparently still a lot less expensive than what I've found as current prices to have a slide treated with electroless nickel boron at a third-party shop.

I'm leaning toward Option 3 now. I'd have a P32 ("bird in the hand") in case they decide to halt production. Also, heck, I might find that, despite the sweat, I can keep it working fine with proper attention. $90 (if that's still the price in today's market) isn't a LOT, and I'd then have a spare blued slide, extractor, firing pin, etc for the decades to come.

I was surprised to see K-T cancel P3AT production, but I don't know their corporate production constraints, costs, margins, etc. Though K-T was first to market with that type of item in .380, I'm sure the competition from Ruger et al hurt P3AT sales. Nobody else is selling .32's of this type, hopefully K-T keeps making the P32 for a long time.

Thoughts? Thanks.
I had my local gun store order one for me. I wanted the tan over tan model and he was able to find me one. I had to pay premium price ($400) but it came within one week. I had searched for one myself and could not find one for sale.

Could not be happier with my P32. I have shot 500 rounds without a single misfire. Accurate and low recoil.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I had my local gun store order one for me. I wanted the tan over tan model and he was able to find me one. I had to pay premium price ($400) but it came within one week. I had searched for one myself and could not find one for sale.

Could not be happier with my P32. I have shot 500 rounds without a single misfire. Accurate and low recoil.
Thanks. I kept an eye on the gun.deals sitea s recommended by jehzsa (below). There was a long dry spell, but now blued and tan/tan models are sometimes available. I bought a blued model and after the add-ons (incl shipping, taxes, etc) I ended up paying about $320. That's high, but, well, worth it to me. It should arrive at my local gun store within the next few days. I'll enjoy it and eventually investigate getting a nickel boron slide or having my slide treated.
I look forward to shooting it. Now, I need to find more ammo.

Mark
Check this regularly, Kel-Tec P-32 32AP P-32 - 640832000450

They pop up every now and then.

Mine is blued and it holds very well in a soft pocket holster and a Safepacker.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts