Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems like when I bought my SU all the internet sites had 556 ammo for sale, Lake City on strippers and a bunch of other "good" stuff. Now I'm looking to buy some and NO one has any of the 55 gr stuff..what gives?
Is the Federal XM193C stuff in the black box as good as the Lake City stuff?? can't find the spec's on it.

·
Super Moderator
17,764 Posts
DOH! Silly me. I read the title and thought you meant ALL 5.56mm ammo. You just mean the "good" stuff so I won't bother posting the American Eagle link I found.... :D

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
DOH! Silly me. I read the title and thought you meant ALL 5.56mm ammo. You just mean the "good" stuff so I won't bother posting the American Eagle link I found.... :D
You don't like the AE stuff?

·
Super Moderator
17,764 Posts
I like it fine. That doesn't mean I count it as the good stuff. Different people have different definitions of "good" where ammo is concerned. Go look at aimsurplus.com

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, most of what you have listed is 223, not 5.56..and only a couple nato stuff and they are of the 62 gr variety..
The federal tactical 5.56 55gr I have on the shelf at work..was REALLY wanting to try some Lake City 55gr nato stuff..mainly cause all the reviews I've read about it..and cause I've never tried it..

·
Super Moderator
17,764 Posts
was REALLY wanting to try some Lake City 55gr nato stuff..mainly cause all the reviews I've read about it..and cause I've never tried it..
Well, I was really responding to your 2nd question, and Kent's saying there was none at Aimsurplus. Ya try to help people out and this is the thanks you get.....

:rolleyes: :p :D :cool:

It has become pretty common knowledge that the DHS has ordered all remaining 55gr stock seized in order to keep us from defending ourselves, so they can put us into concentration camps until they can get the space aliens to take us undesirables to another planet. :eek:

At least that's what I heard over the radio they had implanted in my head. :cool:

And for any rumormongers out there, that was a JOKE!!! :eek:

·
Registered
152 Posts
Your a good sport 3wbdriver & thanks for the ammo links :) I knew from past post that A.O. wanted to test some real Lake City 55 grain ammo in the 5.56 which is manufactured to mil specs as a hotter load than standard .223. I'd like to try some of the Israeli IMI brand of the mil spec. 5.56, but I know that would be a lucky find.

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
This may help answer A.O.'s initial question about the Federal XM193. Sportsmans Guide has it listed as backordered with an expected delivery of Jan 2013. :eek:

http://www.federalpremium.com/resources/xm193.aspx
And I DO thank you for the links...hmmm..nice find on that Federal info...I've got 1000 rounds of Federal 5.56 tactical in the vault at work..maybe I should jump on half of it...$199.99 per 500 + tax..

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your a good sport 3wbdriver & thanks for the ammo links :) I knew from past post that A.O. wanted to test some real Lake City 55 grain ammo in the 5.56 which is manufactured to mil specs as a hotter load than standard .223. I'd like to try some of the Israeli IMI brand of the mil spec. 5.56, but I know that would be a lucky find.
...I'd like to try some of the Israeli IMI brand of the mil spec. 5.56,... I could have sworn I saw some of that today...I went back over my search but couldn't find it again...

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
ALSO... I'm seeing the federal at 3165 FPS and the Lake City at 3250 fps

The federal site does show the rounds are sealed which is one of the things I'm wanting..find a good round that shoots well out of my gun..and is storable...

And Sportsmans wherehouse is now showing it coming in sept 4 2012..

1 - 15 of 15 Posts