WHERE DO YOU BUY YOUR AMMO?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by CCWMan, Jun 1, 2008.

1. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    I'm wondering where people get JHP in .380 for the P3. The only big chain in my area is Wal-Mart and all they have is Rem/UMC, which has done poorly for expansion in Two Pistol Packer's tests. There is only one gun store in my small town and all he has in .380 is FMJ. I'd like to buy mail order like Cheaper Than Dirt but the shipping cost up here to Vermont is high.

dansammo.com is in PA so I'm waiting for him to get some .380 in, figuring the shipping cost wouldn't be as much.

I'm looking for a good JHP like Hornady XTP, Cor-Bon, or Win Rangers. Has anyone found a good source for these without paying around a dollar a bullet?

I let you know when Dan gets some .380 in. I told him I'd like the XTPs loaded by Fiocchi.

Where do you get you ammo?

2. batwell

batwell New Member

Feb 23, 2008

3. ttorion

ttorion New Member

Jul 18, 2007
  4. CCWMan

CCWMan New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Actually the GDs are one of my favorites. SAC thinks a lot of them and they do well in tests.

Thanks for letting us know.

5. Warty

Warty Banned

Dec 11, 2007
    TH, IN
    MidwayUSA sells ammo at decent prices.

If you have a C&R FFL you get a discount with them to boot.
    They ahve a pretty good selection of personal protection ammo in just about every caliber.

http://www.midwayusa.com/

Also check out http://www.ammoman.com/

6. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    When you can the thing to do is purchase your ammo along with some other stuff you might need. Just several weeks ago my main purchase from MIDWAYUSA was for a pistol scope but I added several other purchases to take advantage of/mitigate shipping cost. Ordered some Golden Sabers to try because of the reports on the round that I've read here at KTOG.

Take care...

7. Dreadnought

Dreadnought New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    In my experience, I've not found good prices on ammunition from Midway. I prefer Natchez for range ammo and AmmunitionToGo for SD ammo. I've found cheaper prices on ammo from CheaperThanDirt than I have at Midway. Just my own personal experience.

8. guru2sum

guru2sum Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2005
    Mad City, Wisconsin
    Sportsmansguide.com has been good for me. They have a fixed shipping rate regardless of distance, but you need to place a large order so shipping is a smaller portion. If you pay $30 for their member fee, you get 5% off ammo and 10% off most everything else. Sign up for email alerts to get the best deals. But ammo has gotten expensive everywhere.

G2S

9. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    Where do I get my ammo??? Usually from the back of some guy's El Camino behind the local Hardee's. ;)

10. c0wboi38

c0wboi38 New Member

Sep 19, 2006
    I buy DPX ( the only round I carry) direct from Corbon.

Is it cheap? Heck no!

What's YOUR life worth?

:)

11. Curt32

Curt32 New Member

Feb 24, 2007
    Say check out this link might help you with your ammo selection it's a great test got me sold on the GS 102 gr. and Cor-Bon 95 gr. Personal Protection load.

http://www.ktog.org/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1209241627/0

Tom j.