Where Can I Find Cheap Ammo?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by gilbertfamily2000, Dec 16, 2007.

1. gilbertfamily2000

gilbertfamily2000 New Member

Dec 3, 2007
    Can anyone pass along a website where I can buy .380 ammo cheaper than at Wal-Mart (13.98/box for 50 rounds). This dips into my budget too far for me to have fun with my p3at. I may have to stick with my .22 revolver for "fun".

GoVols

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    Good luck in finding cheap ammo. If you have been observing, the prices in ammo has soared in the last couple years.
    It has so much that I now include my stockpile as part of networth, just wish my 401K did as well ;)

3. JERRY-S.

JERRY-S. Guest

after you pay shipping charges for mail order ammo you will find that no one can beat wal-marts prices for ammo...

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    Academy Sports sells Monach brass-cased ammo pretty cheap. It is likely the same as Wolf Gold and is fine for plinking and general target shooting, although my SU16 did not care for it. The accuracy suffered and it yielded a few FTFs, the only ammo to do so. But the Monach pistol ammo I have tried was OK and pretty cheap. Yea, WM (Rem green/white & WWB) is pretty hard to beat unless you have a good vendor at the local gun show which is where I usually find the best deals.

5. regrip

regrip New Member

Aug 10, 2007
    I've been plinking with 1 mag. of blazers, or Winch, then using reloads that I get for about $9.95/ box of 50. I've worked out the bugs so most everthing goes through it very well now, but have yet to try HP's, very expensive to plink with for me. Tom :)

6. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The Rem, green-white box of JHP from WM are pretty cheap and have a fairly round-nosed profile.  Maybe not the best SD round but a good start for function testing JHP. If they don't expand much, they act more like FMJ anyway. Maybe better pentration than DPX with less expansion.

7. rls1158

rls1158 New Member

Oct 18, 2007
    Academy is the cheapest place I've found. They have slightly better prices than WalMart if you don't mind shooting Blazer or Monarch ammo. I use these all the time.

God bless,
    Reggie

8. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    i believe that i got magtec at (oh me god! :eek: ) gander mtn for 11 bucks a box. haven't had any problems with it, either.

and i think that the 100 rnd packs at WM are a bit cheaper than 2 50's if yours has them.

9. Ohio_Rusty

Ohio_Rusty New Member

Aug 4, 2007
    During the fall, I attended an outdoor gun show and perused the tables for cheap .380 ammo. I found 4 boxes cheaper than I could buy at a retail outlet. I would suggest trying the gun shows and at least there, you can dicker with the seller on the price. The only other way to try and save money is to roll yer own .....
    Ohio Rusty

10. dgreer

dgreer New Member

Nov 14, 2007
    I just recently bought the 100 rnd box at Walmart and paid $25.00...a little cheaper than your 50 rnd box. As I was looking at the selection of ammo I was struck by the fact that the 9mm rounds were about one half of the price of the 380. I love my P3 and it is my every day carry gun.

But, I think I see a PF9 in my near future! ;) OR, if you check the most recent Cabela's sale bill, they have a S&W 9mm on sale for $249.00 until Christmas eve ::) sorry KT.

D.G. - I think my new hobby is about to start getting expensive. At least the ammo cost won't be as bad.

11. ttorion

ttorion New Member

Jul 18, 2007
    Natchez has Blazer Aluminum for $8.99 per box of 50. Ordering two boxes you're just about break even with shipping, at least to my location. After that you're money ahead ordering online.

12. spence13e

spence13e New Member

May 11, 2006
    Kansas
    GoVals, i assume that you wish to stick with a retail store or gun show? if you want to order online, i've bought fair quantity from natchez. all around, blazer brass in .40 and .45, shipped to my house, ran me about the same as it does buying it from WM.

just did a fast search and fed AE and rem UMC fmj ammo is 9.99 a box. four boxes shipped to me (in ks) averages 13.75/box, 10 is 12.50, and 25 is 11 bucks even. AE & UMC are good practice loads, too.

13. rcmodel

rcmodel New Member

Feb 6, 2005
    Eastern Kansas
    I expect ammo prices to go down after Xmas.

See, the demand for toys will drop, and China won't be buying up the worlds lead supply to use for making as many toys! :eek:

rcmodel

14. Has Kalifornia band lead ammo yet?

After all it is a heath hazzard... You can get blood pisioning from the lead after getting shot :eek: