Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I check many sites over the course of the day every day looking for a RDB to buy and since the beginning of the year they are no where to be found. No price gougers on gunbroker or anywhere else for that matter. Where are they going? Are preorders getting filled first or are they closed for vacation or are they out of unicorn bones needed to make these rifles? Does anyone have any real info on where these rifles are going?

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
Kel Tec sells to the distributors on a list they have....ONLY. From there, who knows where they go? First the distributors grab some for themselves...then post a few on Gunbroker.com or whatever, then the sub-distributors grab a few for themselves, and save a few to sell on Gunbroker, then the dealers hide a few to the side for themselves, and then save a few to sell on Gunbroker....etc-etc-etc....

This is the distributors list posted on the Kel Tec website:

http://www.keltecweapons.com/media/...54dd3cbeec40e5db944d75aa74KT Distributors.pdf

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was really mostly wondering if an employee or someone who lives across the street has actually seen and can confirm that RDBs are leaving the building because when I call the distributor they claim they aren't receiving them from the factory. Can't hide or sell what you don't have.

·
Premium Member
15,000 Posts
LOL...they ARE leaving the building, they've been seen. :)

They don't get shipped to every distributor each week...they use some kind of rotation system.

This is just me thinking out loud.....

Say there is 1 million people in THIS country that want an RDB right NOW! Plus a whole nother million that live overseas. Kel Tec is currently making a couple hundred a week for shipping...the distributors list has less than 25 companies on it...plus what I call "sub-distributors" or dealers that just pass them on to other dealers. Then there are how many FFL dealers in this country alone? The ATF says the number is well over 100,000....closer to 150,000.

Now if Kel Tec sends just 4 RDB's to each distributor each week...that equals the 200 they state is the weekly production...and each distributor then sends a couple to their "list" of favorite dealers.....

Think about it a minute...exactly what would you expect? It's gonna be awhile before everyone that wants one...gets one. Even if Kel Tec works 7 days a week, 365 days a year...24 hours a day...building NOTHING but RDB's and the heck with all the other guns they make...it's gonna be awhile...maybe a year or two.

·
Registered
15 Posts
I've had my dealers check with several major distributors on this list and also have talked to one of them myself. They all say the same thing, "We haven't even seen any of those since last year." I've been told by Kel Tec that they are currently shipping, but it seems none of them are making it to distributors yet...

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
Maybe it's just your distributors that can't get them from whatever reason. That doesn't mean they aren't leaving the factory in some quantity. It might be worth checking with others or just being patient about it. This isn't a suprise with a new model of Kel-Tec, it's pretty much the standard.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I forget how long ago the KSG came out but I put an order in for one at the LGS. When ever I was there to pick something else up I would ask about it and always the same answer.....we will give you a call but be patient.

Over time I completely forgot about it when 3 years later I got my call and they had just received a shipment of 20. They were going through the liswt finding a lot of people were passing, had eight bought one on GB, from a friend that didn't like it or any number of other reason.

I am glad it took so long as it seems all the bugs were worked out as the time had gone by.

I imagine the same will happen with the RDB's.

Karsten

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
That's another great point. As much as I wanted a KSG and now want a RDB, I will wait to order one like I did with the KSG. Once I got it it's been great so the wait may save you a headache. I'll probably wait to order the RDB for 6 months or a year.

·
Registered
114 Posts
That's another great point. As much as I wanted a KSG and now want a RDB, I will wait to order one like I did with the KSG. Once I got it it's been great so the wait may save you ;)a headache. I'll probably wait to order the RDB for 6 months or a year.
6 months to a year??? That's not long. :D I waited 2 years and 7 months for my RFB......
I had forgotton about it.
Kel-Tec stuff is great, they just have a production issue :confused::p:D

Gota love em!

Lateck,

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
I saw that but I think the gouge is on. I know wholesale on the RDB is well under $1000 so I think for most of us patience would be prudent and save you $400 - $500. Additionally there was another that sold yesterday for $1500 on a buy it now. Both are used and claim to be from the first 200 produced.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.