Where are the HC's

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by nate527, Apr 17, 2009.

1. nate527

nate527 New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    Greetings. Been lurking for a while but decided to join up when I decided to get a P-3AT. After going to numerous LGS here in DFW, and being told all P-3AT's were as scarace as hen teeth I finanlly found some blued ones. I really want a hard chrome model, but I was pretty well told to want in one hand and.... Anyone seen any in DFW lately or anywhere else that would ship.

2. Devildog341

Devildog341 New Member

Jan 17, 2008
    It will be very hard to find one. If you can't, you might just want to try getting some duracoat or alumahyde in stainless steel and pain the slide of a blued model, if you want the dual tone look. The slide is very easy to completely disassemble to do it.

3. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Nate,

Welcome to KTOG!

I've got both a Blued/Black and a HC/Gray P3AT. Yeah, the HC looks neater but I've found, IMHO, an advantage of the Blued over the HC. Sighting the Blued is easier in most lighting conditions over sighting the HC. This is true for me wether the sights are painted or not (I paint a white dot the eye kinda thing on both guns but do also have an ArmaLaser on the Blued).

The only area I've ever found rust on my Blued gun is on the steel spring pin that is at the bottom of the grip.

I'd say get a Blued now and keep your eyes open for a HC should one eventually become available in your area.

Take care...

4. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
    I am on the hunt for a HC. I am amazed that not one was anywhere to be found on GB >:(

5. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    I had the same problem- it was hard enough to find one of any frame/slide finish color in the area. Before I even fired mine I sent the slide, barrel, frame pin, recoil spring guide and 3 mags to A. P. & W, Inc for hard chrome- I cant wait to get them back :(

6. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009

Make sure you share pics, sounds excellent. How much did it set you back?

7. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    I will definitely do that GunSmoke- I’m not sure what its going to cost yet- I guess ill find out once I get the CC bill ;D

Kel-Tec does do HC exchanges + 70$. When I contacted them they said they wouldn’t have any in stock for 8 weeks- they referred me to A. P. & W- that way warrantee will still be good etc.

8. pedro

pedro New Member

May 28, 2008
  9. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009
  10. artimus_prime

artimus_prime New Member

Nov 18, 2007
    Central FL
    you could always buy a blued one and call KT and see if they can upgrade for you. Just an option.

11. GunSmoke16610

GunSmoke16610 New Member

Apr 30, 2009

Thanks, I will try that!

12. frankmako

frankmako New Member

Mar 11, 2006
    Chattanooga TN
    i would get the blue one and send it to jack for plating.

13. Spikejerk

Spikejerk New Member

Big +1. Jack does some very nice work.

14. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    here is one aint it purdy..... *S*

[​IMG]

and now it has a nice CTC lasser on it too....  eat your heart out....  ;D

15. rckrzy1

rckrzy1 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Big +1.  Jack does some very nice work. [/quote]

Who is Jack ?

BTW I got my olive drab with Parkarized slide at last Ft Worth show. I too was looking for a HC but
    saw none.

16. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    VERY nice tweed!   I can't wait to get mine back from HC   UPS:"your package is on time with the scheduled delivery date of 5/21/2009"  :D

17. mtuttle02

mtuttle02 New Member

May 4, 2009
    Well after a few weeks of patiently waiting here it is- for anyone who is looking to get HC work done I would highly recommend checking out A. P. & W, Inc- VERY nice work/ well worth the wait!  I had the flats brushed and the rounds done matte.

[​IMG]

18. tweed

tweed New Member

Nov 15, 2008
    looks nice tuttle... i like the blue extractor spring i would like to do that with mine... just to cheap to buy one....

however i just added a set of the rubber traction grips on it.... they are on sale in the trading post for $5 shipped...

i really like the looks.... oh yea you can.t get in the trading post yet... but if you go to tractiongrips.com

and print out the mail order form and write ktog on the bottom and mail it in with the fiver...you can get them... they ad virtually no bulk and feel really good... i was pleasantly surprised.... i will get a picture with the grips on one of these days;. :)

19. rizo

rizo New Member

Apr 17, 2009
    never seen one in blue,looks pretty schazzzzzze.... ;)

20. RCACFBilly

RCACFBilly New Member

Mar 29, 2008
    I really like the looks of HC but since my 3AT is carried concealed, I think blued works better. When it is in my back pocket it can be seen peaking out when I raise my arms. The dark color blends better with my clothing. My Walther is Stainless and looks great but it doesn't hide very well. Come to think of it, the Walther stays home these days and the 3AT gets to go out and play.

Billy