Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

81 - 100 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Guess you can’t read or something? They clearly say it will NOT prevent you getting or spreading the virus. Some vaccine eh?

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
Best I could figure it the Pfizer vaccine will keep you from getting sick but won't keep you from getting infected and/or being infectious.

I'm down the list, maybe something more effective will come along by next fall.

Meantime I'll just stay home & stay warm. You guys that have to get out be careful.

·
Registered
28 Posts
How many "at risk" people participated in the trials? My guess is not many, but this is just my guess. Do we really know how this will effect the people truly at risk? Something to think about.

·
Administrator
31,985 Posts
Are you calling me a lunatic?
Not unless your real name is Frank Shallenbeger. And yes, I listen to npr on my daily commute. Compared to many other media outlets, I find them to be interesting, accurate, and they aren`t shy about making corrections when appropriate.

Reactions: fez

·
Registered
325 Posts
How many "at risk" people participated in the trials? My guess is not many, but this is just my guess. Do we really know how this will effect the people truly at risk? Something to think about.

Actually a lot of elderly people volunteered for the trials. And frankly I think the vaccine should be made to those at high risk first.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Im not wanting to start any political rant, but I do like to tippy-toe on the edges.

So here comes the first distributions of the Coronavirus vaccine!
How many drug companies have suddenly come up with a new vaccine? How different are they?
Are you a medical, first responder or other frontline professional who will be eligible for the first rounds of the vaccine?
Will you take it? Or, like the first year model of any Jeep vehicle, wait to see who dies first?

No grandstanding on what the POTUS did or didn't do about this vaccine! Just are you gonna be the guinea pig or not and why?

I am in the first responder category and will be eligible for the first distributions.
But, I have done well this long with masking and distancing, so why risk my health on a vaccine?
I'll pass.
I’m dealing with the virus right now and I won’t be taking the vaccine. There’s way to much evidence that once infected and you recover you are no longer a danger and can’t be re-infected.

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
A lot of the covid disease and vaccine info we are being fed by government and the media is a bunch of B.S. I personally do not believe covid is as bad as they are making it out to be. But I also believe it can be bad, and it's next to impossible to predict who it will be bad for and who will catch it and maybe not even know it. And it's not all about me either. While it would indeed be difficult to throw myself on the sword and die from vaccine side effects in an attempt to save another's life, I would not have a problem living with, e.g., a few months of Bell's Palsy if that would save the life of another.

You can't really judge the worthiness of the vaccine by the facts we hear today. Because many of the "facts" are just opinions, or fear-driven mob-initiated assumptions, or pure agenda-driven B.S. So in my case, I'm judging it with my gut. And my gut is telling me, "get the vaccine". Interestingly enough, just a few short months ago my gut was telling me, "stay away from the vaccine for a long while". My gut has pulled a 180, but that's my prerogative.

A few factors have changed my thinking. Number one, is that my wife already got the vaccine (she is an N.P., front line working with covid patients). So if she has problems because of the vaccine, I want to be right there by her side and supporting her decision by making the same decision myself. Another reason is that I want to see my kids again. My son is close, so that's not a problem. But my daughter lives in Hawaii and I can't just waltz over there any time I want. My gut tells me that very soon I will not be able to travel there without proof-of-vaccination. We'll see if that prediction comes true. Last but not least, I have weighed the risk of getting covid and the possibility of a bad outcome, against the risk of untoward effects from the vaccine. Since the "facts" are currently mostly B.S. in my opinion, I am using my gut for this pros/cons evaluation. And my gut says vaccine risk is lower than bad covid infection risk. Neither represent a high risk, but I personally think the covid infection risk is higher than the vaccine risk.

So I will get the vaccine as soon as it is available for me. Unless my gut pulls another 180 before I reach the front of the line. I reserve the right to change my mind as many times as I please.

The rest of you can do whatever you want, and I would say that you are right. Since I personally distrust the "facts", I have to extend that same courtesy to you. There's no need to argue about who's gut is right. That's laughable in it's stupidity. Providing links to studies and statistics is meaningless if one doesn't trust the studies and statistics (not current studies/statistics anyway, but maybe their perceived reliability will improve in the future).

The part that I don't agree with are the lockdowns. My feeling is that those are not really helping, and are destroying many lives. A huge amount of suffering that makes the virus itself pale in comparison. Let people self-lockdown if they want. If you're afraid to go into a restaurant, then don't go into a restaurant. If you think a mask will save you, then wear a mask. If you think a gym is the devil's hotbed of disease, then stay out of the stupid gym. But don't force others to do as you choose to do. My personal opinion is that "you can't hide from a virus" - you may delay infection temporarily, but that's the best case. I have no problem with people hiding to their heart's content. Just don't force others to hide. If I believed hiding helped in the long run, I would think differently. But I have seen nothing that convinces me that it helps more than a very temporary delay.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If travel within the United States is restricted without proof of vaccination we have failed as a constitutional republic and are now at the mercy of our “Leaders”. Exactly what the founding fathers revolted against. And quite frankly approximately one half of the general population will be to blame. The outcome of which would and should be outright hostile.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
If travel within the United States is restricted without proof of vaccination we have failed as a constitutional republic and are now at the mercy of our “Leaders”. Exactly what the founding fathers revolted against. And quite frankly approximately one half of the general population will be to blame. The outcome of which would and should be outright hostile.
Many states currently require a 2-week quarantine period when coming from another state.

Like actual free speech, society has willingly given up free travel for the claim of safety.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk

·
Registered
558 Posts
Many states currently require a 2-week quarantine period when coming from another state.

Like actual free speech, society has willingly given up free travel for the claim of safety.

Peace favor your sword,
Kirk
My wife and I traveled from Ky to Az and back between Thanksgiving day and December 7th by motor vehicle. There were no restrictions other than a mask requirement at fuel stops. Only those who choose to comply with restrictions are doing so. Personally I view it like having a carry permit. My ancestors fought to preserve my right to carry. I don't recognize any jurisdiction's claim to restrict that.

·
Registered
773 Posts
There are those already pushing for “vaccine passports” . The same ideas come from the same type people. We can argue about the nuts and bolts of this virus but to fail to see it’s being used to gain power and control is unbelievable. They have us quibbling over masks meanwhile.......

·
Registered
7,706 Posts
If travel within the United States is restricted without proof of vaccination we have failed as a constitutional republic and are now at the mercy of our “Leaders”.
It will not be required by the government. It will be required by private entities. Like the airlines. The government may design a "universally acceptable vaccine passport", but it will be the private companies that make their own rules, enforce them, and choose to accept this vaccine passport or not. The constitution restrains government, not private entities (for the most part). That's why you get banned here for talking about politics. You have no "freedom of speech" on a privately owned and managed forum. If Dale says "shut up or go" then you better accept those as your two alternatives. The ACLU is not going to come riding in to protect you on first amendment grounds. Because the first amendment simply does not apply here. Just like the second amendment does not allow you to waltz into someone's house with your gun if they tell you not to. That doesn't mean that governments will not do unconstitutional things anyway. For example, some jurisdictions regulate concealed carry permit holders saying they cannot carry their weapons into a church. I don't see how that passes constitutional muster. Churches are private, so how can the government say that what is allowable on the street outside the church is not allowable inside the church? There are always exceptions to common sense, this being one example. So maybe the government will try to restrict travel based on a vaccine passport. I don't see how that is constitutional, but it still may happen anyway. What the government will probably do instead, is say "United Airlines, restrict passengers who have not been vaccinated or we will yank your business license." While contrary to the intent of the constitution, it's probably legal and is just the type of thing a power-hungry government would<backspace><backspace><backspace><backspace>ill do.

·
Registered
372 Posts
There are those already pushing for “vaccine passports” . The same ideas come from the same type people. We can argue about the nuts and bolts of this virus but to fail to see it’s being used to gain power and control is unbelievable. They have us quibbling over masks meanwhile.......

Papers, please..... But I only use a pipe.

81 - 100 of 142 Posts