Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

61 - 80 of 142 Posts

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
Thanks Oldy. Yes I trust NPR.

Our personal choice to wait a while & see what will best for us coincides quite nicely with the availability for our age/health/location place in line.

I think this is the most important take away from the article.

If I get vaccinated, can I go back to life as normal?
No, not right away. Studies of the new vaccines only measured whether vaccinated people developed symptoms, not whether they got infected. It's possible that they got light infections — not enough to make them ill, but enough to pass the virus on to others. "That's why I tell people when you get vaccinated, continue wearing your mask," Carlos Del Rio, a vaccine scientist at Emory University who helped test the Moderna vaccine, recently told NPR. "We're going to know later if the vaccine actually prevents infection.
You guys take care
Jim

·
Registered
325 Posts
"Studies of the new vaccines only measured whether vaccinated people developed symptoms, not whether they got infected. It's possible that they got light infections — not enough to make them ill, but enough to pass the virus on to others."

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #63 (Edited)
Are you calling me a lunatic?
Mod yanked one of my baseless rants, about placebos. We shouldn't be concerned about the possibility that some of the vaccines could be placebo.
Nope. Crazy lunatic fringe. Never happen in this country. I should be more responsible.
The subject was getting tired and I was attempting to start another discussion.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Thanos was wrong. All his plan would have done is delay the outcome, assuming that he was even right about the supposed threat.

The whole thing was completely contrived and 40 years out of date.
It's apparent that there can be no humor here in this thread. Everyone knows what opinions are like. I'm out.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #65
When this lockdown started and everyone was at home on a work day, I had to go to work. The Thanos thing was what came to mind when the traffic was so thin, it was like 50% had disappeared.
Then I got an Idea. If everyone only went to work on alternating days! Our weekends could be four consecutive days every two weeks. Traffic congestion alleviated!

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
It's apparent that there can be no humor here in this thread. Everyone knows what opinions are like. I'm out.
Ive been reading Lawsons stuff for a long time and he's just dry like that. I get dry. I get dark too. Some see the humor in irony. Its OK.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Ive been reading Lawsons stuff for a long time and he's just dry like that. I get dry. I get dark too. Some see the humor in irony. Its OK.
Believe me, I was not referring to Iklawson directly, just the whole thread. I have read and enjoyed Mr. Lawson's posts for a while and I respect his views. I just meant the mood of the whole thread, what with the lunatic stuff and all. I just used that post because I was trying to inject some humor and thought it had been misconstrued. I don't mean any disrespect to anyone.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I understand completely how vaccines work. You should maybe research this vaccine. Then come back and tell me I’m wrong.
I reiterate. A vaccine makes your immune system create anti-bodies for the virus which DOES "keep you from getting [...] the virus." The virus invades but because of the vaccine, your body has a developed immune response to it and it attacks the virus so you don't "get" it, in direct contradiction to your claim. There are many different ways which various vaccines "teach" the immune system. Not all of them are "dead viruses" but all of them develop the immune response to "keep you from getting [...] the virus." So, yes, you are wrong.

Here, maybe this will help:

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
I tend to nerd. I just wrote a post (on a FB forum I mod) on how the Antrim Bata irish stickfighting "Lark" technique is similar to the Lang's la canne stickfighting technique called the Flip, and how both are likely related to a fencing back-cut when the opponent guards in Seconde.

Reactions: tzcomp

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
Posts from the lunatic fringe, with no links or sources to judge veracity, will be removed.
Who knows who is a lunatic these days. LOL. The left hand does not seem to know what the right is doing with this virus .Conflicting info from a few health organizations.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Who knows who is a lunatic these days. LOL. The left hand does not seem to know what the right is doing with this virus .Conflicting info from a few health organizations.
Well, as the late, great philosopher Leon Russell said: "The left ones think I'm right and the right ones think I'm wrong."

Reactions: fez

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Leon was da man. All Elton John ever was, was trying to imitate Leon Russel. Had he not suffered such stage fright, and not shunned the limelight, Leon Russell might have been one of the greatest piano rockers with Billy Joel, Elton and the Killer.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Even cripple hippies from Oklahoma have a right to sing a song. RIP Leon. I will be listening to you until I rest in pieces.

·
Premium Member
2,681 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
What do you mean might of been? ;)
Perhaps in his favor, as celebrity is not always a gratifying part of success. Leon, though well known, could still live a normal life. Leon was wanted by, and played with the biggest stars. He was happy supporting them.
I Had the Carney album. Loved "Out in the Woods" and "Tightrope" and maybe "Magic Mirror", I have to re-listen to be sure. But I being only 52, I never saw him in the 70's. That's Leon's piano on Day After Day.

·
Registered
8,538 Posts
A number of Okie artists don't follow the bright lights. Leon, J J Cale & Rick Ripley come to mind. All 3 of them made the big time & decided they would rather live the quiet life.

I grew up in a small town north of Tulsa. I am a few years younger than Leon & I met a guy when I was in college that went to Will Rogers high school with Leon & Gailard Sartain. He said Leon was quiet & Gailard was just bug nuts.

·
Registered
4,751 Posts
All that counts is what the people think not the record companies or these award organization. The peoples champion is what they say in the fight business. Leon is as high on my list as any of them. Keep rockin in heaven Leon.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I reiterate. A vaccine makes your immune system create anti-bodies for the virus which DOES "keep you from getting [...] the virus." The virus invades but because of the vaccine, your body has a developed immune response to it and it attacks the virus so you don't "get" it, in direct contradiction to your claim. There are many different ways which various vaccines "teach" the immune system. Not all of them are "dead viruses" but all of them develop the immune response to "keep you from getting [...] the virus." So, yes, you are wrong.

Here, maybe this will help:
Perhaps you should read the quote I put a few posts up. It’s from the manufacturer presumably. And again, I know how a vaccine works.

·
Premium Member
4,737 Posts
And again, I know how a vaccine works.
Then you know that a vaccine makes your immune system create anti-bodies for the virus which DOES "keep you from getting [...] the virus."

But I kinda think we're hitting the loop now and I don't feel like writing the same thing over and over. You can have the last word.
Here, use this space:__

61 - 80 of 142 Posts