Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the major online stores have been out-of-stock for almost six months now. My Quarters Jar is almost full and I'm nearing enough change to buy my 2nd new P32.

My wife snatched my first P32 and now uses it as her daily carry pistol. I gave my daughter my Ruger LCP and I could use a nice, tiny pocket handgun right now. The smallest I currently own is the .380 Glock 42.

I sure hope Kel-tec is not following in the same shoes as Beretta, who recently announced discontinuation of their 32 caliber Beretta Tomcat.

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought mine in late Feb and the online store I used was almost out. Very few places had them. I had searched forums and saw it goes in cycles where P32's are impossible to find at times. I was going to delay the purchase but after reading about inventory shortages at times I made the purchase. You might find one today or it might take a few more months before anyone has them in stock again.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
That particular one is used (medium wear).

I'll wait for one of the major online stores to restock. I would never buy a firearm (new or used) from a private seller anyways. I only buy new, from a commercial business.

I'm more interested in knowing they haven't been discontinued. It's a relief in reading here that this shortage has occurred in the past and is typical with Kel-tec only producing the little 32ACP in stop & go runs.

.... so I'm happy to find this out, knowing eventually stock will return.

·
Registered
136 Posts
That particular one is used (medium wear).

I'll wait for one of the major online stores to restock. I would never buy a firearm (new or used) from a private seller anyways. I only buy new, from a commercial business.

I'm more interested in knowing they haven't been discontinued. It's a relief in reading here that this shortage has occurred in the past and is typical with Kel-tec only producing the little 32ACP in stop & go runs.

.... so I'm happy to find this out, knowing eventually stock will return.
Ok, suit yourself. I personally do buy new and used guns.

·
Administrator
32,246 Posts
There is an hour long KT tour film in the Counter. They say they no longer make guns in batches but make all guns every day. Surely the P3AT and PF9 outsell the P32 and P11, so they are made in lesser numbers. Keep looking.

Reactions: rweber01

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I saw several vendors with them in stock new at my local gun show last month. Same for previous shows.
Need their commercial business website address...... thanks!
But no private Joe-Blow FFL operators that sell out of their 4'X15' folding table at a Show, or out of their home.

·
Registered
115 Posts
No stores in my area carried them so I had to find a used one in a pawn shop. Got it with 2 10 round magazines, and the blue zipper case for $175. I prefer the used ones because someone else already broke it in for me.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Went to a very small gun show today that probably didn't have 20 vendors. One had a new P32 listed for $295. The vendor doesn't have an internet presence but I was surprised to find one at such a small venue.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All the major online stores have been out-of-stock for almost six months now. My Quarters Jar is almost full and I'm nearing enough change to buy my 2nd new P32.

My wife snatched my first P32 and now uses it as her daily carry pistol. I gave my daughter my Ruger LCP and I could use a nice, tiny pocket handgun right now. The smallest I currently own is the .380 Glock 42.

I sure hope Kel-tec is not following in the same shoes as Beretta, who recently announced discontinuation of their 32 caliber Beretta Tomcat.
Three weeks have passed since this thread gave birth and still no new P-32s at any of my Top-5 Online Gun Dealers across the USA.

If the P-32 factory is still working full-time, then it makes me believe their ownership decided last year to go global on a more broader scale and the largest volume USA gun houses will have to wait for new delivery until October or November.

In the meantime my large Folgers coffee can continues to see more and more quarters-only from my weekly loose change.

Pretty soon and I'll be able to afford the NAA Guardian or Seecamp 32ACP instead.

·
Registered
471 Posts
while i love the look of the seecamp and have been tempted numerous times to pick one up, i just cant get over the fact their limit to ammo selection... you'll go broke shooting the high dollar ammo it eats... I'd get the NAA just because of that...

Your best bet at this time would be to peruse your local pawn shops or hit up GB...

Also keep in mind KT was down a spell and may still be because of Irma...

·
Registered
45 Posts
I never knew Seecamp had such a restrictive list for their 32 and 380 pistols of primarily hollow point ammo. The only downside I had thought about regarding the other two was their weight for a pocket carry. Seecamp is 13oz loaded so barely more than a Kel Tec. The NAA is 20.4oz which is heavier than my Kahr CM9 that I pocket carry at times in cargo pants/shorts.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I aborted the entire 32ACP waiting ship. My wife still has her's, but I have been wanting one also.

I became tired of waiting for Kel-Tec to replenish gun stores with new P32 stock. So my patience finally wore off and I purchased a Beretta Pico .380 instead.

It's thin frame almost matched-that of the P32 and the Pico is 2nd in smallest .380 size, next to the Kahr CW380. Since I already own a Kahr and haven't any Beretta's, I took the plunge.

Now I have my own micro .380 again, ever since March anyways, being that's when my daughter talked me into giving her my pocket Ruger LCP.

Sorry Kel-Tec for not having anymore patience for you to restock. I'm sure you are beginning to lose many interested prospective customers, in not replenishing stock in stores sooner. This new Pico will stand alongside my other slightly larger .380..... that being the Glock 42

You snooze - You lose Kel-tec Inc!

·
Registered
471 Posts
yeah... i'll have to agree KT is losing business hand over fist... in fact I was wanting a p3at but i can pick up another lcp for under 180... why not?? only reason its come down so much is the lcpII release and saturated market which i plan to take advantage of..

·
Registered
160 Posts
Joe, your Pico is a 2nd Gereration? I remember handling a 1st Generation Pico at my LGS two years ago, and neither I nor the counter guy at the LGS could get the slide release to work on it. I wound up spending a fair amount more money and picking up a SIG P238 Nitron, which I absolutely love. I've purchased a Glock 42 in the interim, and I may just go for a Ruger LCP I or II soon. I do have a KelTec P32, which is just a hair thicker than the Pico, IIRC, but it's a lot lighter than the Pico.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
2nd Generation!
(my opinion) None of the major stores like Bud's has any Gen-1's left, for a long while-now.
The only way a high-volume place like Buds would still be selling Gen-1s, is if Beretta found many from a slow selling store and moved them to a place like Buds, just to get rid of the old inventory quicker. I'm sure they'd also be offering Bud's a discount to sell them, thus increasing their profit margin.

Those that may be buying Picos from a much small volume Ma & Pop gun store, may need to check on whether their new pistol is a 1 or a 2.

The best part of my new transaction is the $50 rebate from Beretta. So instead of taking delivery at $236, the final cost after-rebate is only $186.

What a great buy this Pico is right now. I do believe the rebate offer is good thru December 31st, 2017. The 9mm Beretta Nano has a $75 rebate.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.