Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a used PF9 it has the bright blues slide and a steel mag catch it also has the new style barrel.,is mine a PF9 that has all the updates? The guns serial number is: S21xx thanks for any help.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
That is a recent model as the "S" series just started in the past few months. The first 6 years production started with an "R".

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!
As TxCajun wrote, it's pretty new.
If you bought it new from a Dealer, it's probably no more than 2 Months off the assembly line. They don't stay on store shelves very long at all.

If you want to know exactly when it was made, call Kel-Tec service a call (or email) and they'll tell you.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
I can certainly see where knowing if your pistol is current production would be useful knowlege. Knowing about when it was produced could also be good to know. However, I own a lot of products and don't know the specific "born on" date of any of them. I just don't see the usefulness in that level of specificity. Don't call or email KT to ask them stuff like that. Let them spend their time, money and resources manufacturing and servicing their products. :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys I'm glad to know it's a very recent model with all the updates. I haven't shot her yet. I bought it from a friend who owns a pawn shop for only $100 so figured I couldn't go wrong it's like brand new. I've had a couple of P3at's that ran fine and a P11 that was nice to.

·
Administrator
31,982 Posts
WOW! $100 was a virtual steal. :cool:

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
my s# is s2xxxx I bought it in oct 2011 so yours was made in the same time frame , aug to sep more than likely , if you want to make a Quick ten bucks on the gun let me know :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts