When push'em comes to shove'em

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by cherokeebd, Feb 6, 2011.

1. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Some claim the 'puter is the greatest invention,
    With cars, phones and 'lectric'ty gittin some mention,
    But if trouble knocks and push'em comes to shove'em,
    I rank my li'l Kel-Tec over and above'm.

Yep, got little to do before church on a February Sunday mornin. ;)

Cherokee

2. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005
    "In getting others undivided attention."

You need 5 lines for a limerick with 1-2-5 and 3-4 rhyme ;)

3. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Why, Sir, you're as good a hand at limerickin as ever I saw. My feeble effort at hillbillionic rhymin now pales when read with your line serving as its last.

However, before offering the lucrative contract we sometimes hand out to top lim'rickers roun' heah and to assure all that you ain't just a flash in the proverbial pan............

Lim'ricks are trivial matters, but still,
    They can get plumb interesting, and will,
    When, like embers not merely left to die,
    They are given a new fuel supply..............

Chero-redindafacecauseIdunbinout-limrickt-kee

4. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Guess some folks have already realized that simple minds (like mine) are easily entertained, especially during bad weather. So, can anyone provide diversion from the snow by adding a final line that rhymes with lines 1 & 2 (like JFB did), making these simple ditties into limericks?

Foreign wars were not won using K.T.A.R.s,
    Neither are Kel-Tecs packed by Western movie stars,
    The James brothers nor the Kid never heard the name,
    But lately, Kel-Tec has begun to gain in fame.............

Or:

Whoever heard tell of the Indianap'lis Kel-Tecs
    Or poured Kel-Tec 3AT Malt Liquor straight down their necks?
    If they can ever git their name out, like old Sam Colt done,
    The world might start to realize that Kel-Tec builds a gun..........

Cherokee

5. r080

r080 New Member

Dec 12, 2010
    Because their advertising is better than NPR's

That is worth more in a fight than Ahnold's pecs

6. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Both good'uns, r080. ;D

Cherokee

7. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Cherokee,

I think KTOG needs to establish a new Forum just for you and the 2-3 Ktogers that will reply to this thread. :)

Please, please don't start punning! :)

Bill K.

8. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    I get more and more concerned about the "monsters" (over 6' and over 250#) that I'm seeing lots of these days and whether my 380 is enough. So I offer this poor effort...

What about the monster you meet in the hall??
    Or the drugged dope you bump in the mall?
    For them might need an A-K-fourtyseven
    To send the poor perp straight to heaven!
    Since our P3AT wouldn't make them fall!!

or something like that.

og

9. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Attaboy, granpa. Great limerick concerning a possible problem as we age!

I'm retired, live in a very rural area, and hope to turn 64 in March. I don't often get caught without my snub S&W .357 J-frame, snub 629, or a 1911. Hope it never happens, but if I should have only my P-3AT and encounter ONE of the sweet characters you mention, I plan to suggest that we play "Doctor" and offer him a recommended prescription. ;)

Three hundred pounds, over six feet high,
    Scowling, aint-looking-for-work type guy.
    Wants an old man's dough, starts to move close.
    Don't listen, he'll get the TOO-TOO DOSE
    Of three to the mouth, TOO-TOO each eye.

Let's hope he'll have a good night's sleep.

Cherokee

10. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Wrote my last'n in a hurry. In case it came across as confusin, the latter part of that last line means "two to each eye".

jdog, a buddy from another forum who lurks but rarely speaks, says "K.T.A.R." from a post back up the page, should probably have been written "K.-T.A.R." as it referred to the imagined Kel-Tec version of the Browning Automatic Rifle (B.A.R.) of foreign war fame.

Just funnin around, BillK. Hope this kinda post is no distraction to serious forum users. If it eats up too much band-width (band length :-???.....like I know what that is!) or is otherwise a nuisance, just say so. Can't speak for the others, but I certainly won't be offended.

Cherokee

11. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    No, no, no.. Just joking with you Cherokee. I'm enjoying it, just don't have the talent you guys have to participate likewise.

Bill K.

12. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Good, BillK. Then I wanna tell oldgranpa my plan if I'm totin only my P-3AT and meet up with 2 or more of the fellers he described. ;D

Bump a drugged-out doper in the mall, that's just fine.
    His cronies stand, one foot on the wall, in a line.
    Ere he goes into one of them drug-induced rants,
    I offer to trade him for his baggy-x$$ pants,
    Cause there's a awful aroma coming from mine. :D

A old Cherokee who got that way cause he don't NEVAH wear nothin that impedes runnin.

13. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    ok! good show, cherokeebd, I think we covered the subject very well!! ::)

But it's a serious subject and I agree with your choice of carry. I also have a .357magnum snub, the S&W M&P360 that I carry in a Mika pocket holster for those areas where a 'monster' might show up. For church and places like WalMart it's the .380 in the pocket for better concealment.

With good ammo like the Speer GoldDot, the .380 is adequate for most situations.

Are you and I, cherokee, the only ones concerned about 'monsters'??

og...who is soon 82, old but not stupid!! ;)

oh, BTW, almost forgot ur ref to the BAR, my favorite back in my Marine Corps days in the '50's. It'd be great if KT actually produced such a rifle, the K-TAR!!

14. ansursvary

ansursvary New Member

Jan 20, 2011
    When dealing with monsters, it's said,
    you'll end up in a hospital bed,
    lest you get maimed,
    remember to aim,
    380 works, if you shoot in the head.

Pistol packing English major.

15. oldgranpa

oldgranpa New Member

Sep 23, 2004
    excellent, ansursvary!! even better.

With home invasions showing up more, a laser on your P3AT or other 380 is a good way to aim at the head. The CrimsonTrace on mine really shows up good in the house. (Not bright enough outside over 3 yds.)

og

16. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    I agree, granpa, ansursvary's right. That answer never varies (only the slightest pun intended, BillK) and is the reason I practice way more than a double-tap to the area of the eyes, nose, and mouth. I've timed this drill with my Model 60. Groups shot with my Crimson Trace sight installed are always at least a fraction of a precious second quicker than my (iron-sighted) point-and-shoot times. In dim light and even at a mere arm's length, the accuracy improves measurably. Especially when packing .38s or .380s, I want to be able to take advantage of the entryways into the skull that don't require a lot of power to achieve penetration.

As to some of my opinions expressed above, they are worth about what you paid for'em. It's just that I have serious issues with some of the principles of "double-tap and assess". YMMV. Please be aware, if you don't live in my county, that a perp shot plumb full of holes may or may not require some courtroom skills that are beyond my realm of instruction. ;D ;)

As to home invasion prevention, we keep a Rhodesian Ridgeback (named Mohawk for his organic hairdo). He teams with an ill- natured female terrier-mix (think Airedale, but smaller). She never naps at night and together, they've proven priceless, whether we're at home or away.

Teeth marks and tears will appear purple and deep
    On the calves, thighs, and bruised backside of the creep
    By the time he so rudely breaks down my door.
    Ol 'Hawk's but one reason I that can be sure
    Bloody'll be the creep who dares disturb my sleep.

I ain't paranoid, granpa, I just don't want my old clothes tore up, and you probably knew Injuns keep dawgs anyway. :D

Cherokee

17. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007
    Oldgranpa,

Also a former Marine but early 60s. Really did like the BAR myself. Beside fam fire in basic infantry training I got to play with one for a FPL exercise put on for some dignitaries.

Bill K.

PS. Left PM for you and Cherokee..

PPS. Lest we forget...

[​IMG]

18. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Would someone who is at least semi-computer literate please tell me how to retrieve a P.M.? :-[ :-?

Thanks,

Cherokee

19. BillK

BillK New Member

Jul 23, 2007

Yep, top of page you'll see a blue ribbon going across the page; put cursor over "CHECK MESSAGES" and left click.

20. cherokeebd

cherokeebd New Member

Jan 24, 2011
    Thanks, BillK.

I'm also very impressed with both your and olgranpa's familiarity with a legendary firearm I've only had the good fortune to "handle" for a matter of days. I've never forgotten the "feel" of a B.A.R., though.

Cherokee