Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can pump my slide at any time. Loaded, unloaded, cocked, uncocked, makes no difference. I don't know if my slide release works because the slide never locks.

I don't see this as a negative, but how is it supposed to work?

Can someone give me a good reason I would want to get it fixed if it's not working?

·
Registered
49 Posts
If it manages to touch off a round slightly out of battery, you might be digging the bolt assembly out of your shoulder. It is a fit and finish issue, there is a flat metal actuator connected to the slide release that has a notch that catches the metal bracket the forearm is mounted to. My forearm bracket barely engaged the actuator and did what you say yours does. I did a slight modification to make the engagement more positive, now it locks up with a satisfying "click" when the fore end is completely forward.

·
Registered
238 Posts
As above the slide release should immovably lock the slide froward until the trigger is pulled.

If it's not tightly locking no matter how hard the pump is pulled it's defective and NOT SAFE TO FIRE.
You'd be best to return it to Kel-Tec for repair to avoid voiding your warranty.

If you look at the owner's manual parts schematic, the way this works is the action lock part #223 has a notch on the top-front that catches the rear of the bolt carrier part #185 to lock it.
If the notch is incorrect or the rear area of the bolt carrier is malformed it may not firmly lock the action until the trigger is pulled and the action lock can drop down out of engagement with the bolt carrier.

In any case, if the gun is not tightly locking and it's fired in this condition you could be injured or the gun seriously damaged.
Get it fixed before shooting it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts