What's your pandemic plan?

Discussion in 'The Counter' started by iamscottasus, Mar 7, 2020.

1. jonnin

jonnin Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2010
    I am torn on the mask & distance thing. My paranoia says its a way to give people something to do so they feel engaged and like they can make a difference. My common sense tells me its likely it helps a little bit, and anything is better than nothing. And the only study on the whole thing that felt scientific (granted, I only read a few here and there) was the one that said covid lives hours on many surfaces, almost 10 days on a mask, and in between on various other surfaces depending on conditions. All in all I wear one in case it helps; it can't hurt, but mostly I stay at home and that works even better if it can be done (people's circumstances vary).

If you do as doctors do, you would likely smoke, drink, or eat poorly and exercise little, from what I know of them ... ;)

FLT, tx-rvr and iamscottasus like this.
  2. iamscottasus

iamscottasus Well-Known Member

Feb 21, 2014
    Nobody is safe from the jumbotron at baseball games!

I imagine our reaction to this "Kung-Flu" release, intentional or not, is studied very closely by the Chinese and Russians.
    A pandemic used as a weapon, biological warfare if you will, is one way to attack an adversary so indirectly that retaliation is almost a non option.
    Will we work together to overcome this or will we fail? Recall when news of the Covid was starting to emerge, the house was in full impeachment mode and all the media were using up every minute on impeachment. Was the timing a coincidence? This is a test, no doubt about it.

3. Scott gresser

Scott gresser Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Cedar City, Utah
    I am gonna do a lot of shooting with my new PMR 30!!!

iamscottasus likes this.
  4. Scott gresser

Scott gresser Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Cedar City, Utah
    I'm gonna go snake hunting with my PMR 30.

5. Scott gresser

Scott gresser Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Cedar City, Utah
    I may also buy that upgrade kit and trick out my pmr 30

6. lklawson

lklawson Well-Known Member Supporter

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    This isn't being honored, by and large. Those who choose not to wear masks, believing that they are, at best, "Safety Theater," face fines, prosecution, violence and assault in some cases, and a social aggression which often goes way beyond mere "peer pressure" or even "public shaming" (remember the "killing grandma" and "Have you killed someone today?" commercials?).

Yeah, one has to make their best judgement and act accordingly, as long as it agrees with me, seems to be the prevailing condition.

Like I said, I wear a mask in public, not because I think they're effective (in fact, I think the evidence shows they're just this side of a hoax). I wear them because I don't want to be bothered with Karen, Chad, and Nervous Nellie yelling at me that I have to Socially Conform.

As a gun owner, I'm used to that pressure.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

ral357 likes this.
  7. lklawson

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    You don't have to worry about it. Those viruses don't survive. They can't successfully continue to replicate when they kill the hosts.

The most successful viruses don't typically kill the host. Think of the "common cold." Almost no one dies from it and it's a family of the most common and successful viruses out there.

It's not about being the strongest, biggest, baddest, fastest, or whatever. It's about replicating and then replicating again. ...and again ...and again.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

8. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
    Have you seen Dan Haga's slick designs?
    I didn't know I needed a PMR 30 until I saw his upgrades.
    https://danhagadesigns.com/parts/kel-tec/

9. lklawson

Oct 13, 2009
    Huber Heights, OH
    What PMR30 parts? I don't see any.

Peace favor your sword,
    Kirk

10. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
  11. JR37

JR37 Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2009
    Jonesboro, Arkansas
    I found my plan: Yes, I know this probably should be in Jokes, but, two or three of the quotes make for a good plan. The purple one.

[​IMG]

12. iamscottasus

Feb 21, 2014
    Anything goes on this thread.
    It already has, LOL.
    I wish we could break some rules, it would be fun.
    But its better to keep this forum friendly to everyone.

13. Liberty4Ever

Liberty4Ever Moderator Moderator Supporter

May 19, 2006
    Lexington KY
    The University of Minnesota Center for Infectious Disease Research and Policy was recently pressured to remove their online article explaining why masks are ineffective in the prevention of COVID-19 transmission. They're one of the few organizations that didn't completely cave to the political pressure.

https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...M6GZwHB0pOjs-a_v5bY2C_DO0gGBWapVk8_AAyNnBI_iY

Oddly, they repeatedly explained why masks don't help prevent airborne diseases such as COVID-19 but then stated that they endorse wearing a mask where mandated. That was a political rather than a scientific statement. Or maybe it was medical advice predicated on not having scalding coffee thrown in your face for not wearing a mask, or being pepper sprayed or having your leg broken - actual real world consequences of not wearing a mask in this media driven panic.

Again, the CDC that is now telling us to wear a mask was telling us a few months ago not to wear a mask. The science didn't change in a few months but the politics did.

Electroshot, guru2sum and lklawson like this.