What's the thinnest P3-AT pocket holster?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by jimmylozza, May 2, 2006.

1. jimmylozza

jimmylozza New Member

Jan 17, 2006
    I have a High Noon pocket holster, and it's very nice, holds the gun well, and stays in when I draw. I ove this holster, especially for summer cargo shorts, it's just that in jeans it's a little thick for me.

2. Buckaroo

Buckaroo Guest

Dec 3, 2005

3. jocko

jocko Guest

guru dave, makes the most compact pocket holster I have ever carried. Ron graham also makes super conceable pocket holsters. can't go wrong with either of these two guys products. they are supper quality.. ;D ;D

4. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Administrator Moderator Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
  5. This little Federal Holster is about as small as they come but I've never be able to find another one any where not even on Internet. The package it came in only had the name of the company with no address.

[​IMG]

6. BC

BC New Member

Mar 23, 2005
    The thinnest non-kydex would be horse hide.
    I carry the Sherrick pocket holster and am very impressed with it. It is rough side out, smooth side in so it stays in place very well, and allows for easy draw. It isn't the prettiest, but that isn't the object of a pocket holster.

http://www.c-rusty.com/pages/holsters/Pocket.html

7. redarrow

redarrow New Member

Mar 23, 2006
    I have one just like that by uncle mikes

8. KD_Holsters2

KD_Holsters2 Guest

Sep 9, 2004
    Here's the thinnest I make, and appropriately named, "The Thin Man," version:

[​IMG]

8)

9. kaltectom

kaltectom Guest

Jun 4, 2005
  10. [quote author=LightNut

I have one just like that by uncle mikes[/quote]

Yeah, I have the Uncle Mikes also and I like Uncle Mikes holsters but this one fits my P-3AT better and covers more of the gun and it seems to stay in the pocket better than my Uncle Mikes does.

11. ibontop

ibontop New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    The GrandfatherOak I have is thinnest I have seen. Hard to tell from this pic, but it is about as thick as a standard sheet of colored construction paper that my kids use for art.

Kydex, thin, but still rigid enough to be safe and steady
    [​IMG]

12. Druggie

Druggie Member

Sep 8, 2004
    Edmond, OK
    FIST kydex pocket holster. I have one for my P-3AT and P-32. Very thin, very light, and the gun "snaps" in. Ordered them from Gunners Alley ;D

13. 12smile

12smile New Member

Mar 10, 2006
    I made one out of a plastic milk jug and duct tape.....works great....nice and slippery on the inside...I put some self adhesive velcro tape on the outside...I'll post a pic later

14. Dolomite

Dolomite New Member

Feb 26, 2006
    And at $15 delivered to boot! I've got one for my left pocket and he takes great care in protecting the mag release button.

15. How's this holster for staying put when you draw the gun out of the pocket? Looks like it would be great for hot weather to keep sweat from getting on your gun.

16. marshall

marshall New Member

Dec 8, 2004
    thin milk jug holster

I want to see the milk jug and duct tape holster!

17. marcopolo

marcopolo Guest

Mar 29, 2006
    Modified Mika holster.

I've gone through several pocket holsters and this is the best I have as far as thinness and "non-pistol" printing.

I'm a big fan of Mika's holsters.  They are very well made and a great value but some find them a little too bulky.  I find the stock one usually fits well but I modified one for tighter jeans.  I simply cut out all the material but the outer "leatherette" layer around the slide and grip.  I also cut off the outer "sticky" band.  I did shorten it some but if I had it to do again I would have cut off less or left it the same.  I added a piece of material linside where the sights of my Mustang were digging in but it's not necessary for the KT's.

I found the bare leatherette quickly shaped itself to the pistol to make a close fit.  This still gives the shape of a wallet in the tightest pocket, unlike most other holsters I've tried.

I have been carrying this for over a year and I can see no wear.

Mika makes these to order and would probably make it like this for you himself.  He's a very nice guy.

Marco    

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/marcopolo2_2006/DSC00073.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/marcopolo2_2006/DSC00075.jpg

http://i60.photobucket.com/albums/h20/marcopolo2_2006/DSC00076.jpg

18. Marco,

What I'd like to know is what kind of scope do you have mounted on your Kel-Tec.  ;D

[​IMG]

19. marcopolo

marcopolo Guest

Mar 29, 2006
    Rook:

I'm having trouble finding screws strong enough to hold the scope rail on the slide without going through!

Seriously though, I am working on a (modified of course) fiber optic front sight. Hope to post pics soon!!

Marco

20. marcopolo

marcopolo Guest

Mar 29, 2006
    Rook:

Just realized you were referring to my picture (ok so I'm even slower than usual today)!

That's my Bushnell 12X25 Stereoscopic Big Game model scope, in the otional cammo. It does throw the weight of the P3AT of a little, but hey, nothing's perfect! If I can just get that rail to stay on!!

Not kidding about the fiber optic though!!

Marco