Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6,684 Posts
For CCW with a PF9, my vote's for a Remora, preferably a Sweat Shield model (especially if you have a blued or parkerized model - really helps prevent rust). For open carry, just about any nice leather slide holster will do fine, but I'm not sure why anyone would open-carry a PF9 - if concealment's not an issue, why not go big and carry a service-sized pistol or a nice big ol' revolver?

·
Registered
491 Posts
CCW = the cheap arse soft, velvet like Uncle Mike's one that costs between $5 and $10. Comfy, has the body guard and doesn't compete with my belly for waist space.

Happy shooting, dv

·
Registered
595 Posts
I'll second the Remora for IWB and leather for OWB.

·
Registered
7,703 Posts
Holsters are somewhat of a personal thing, but below are my choices. A few things to check for: (1) Is the firearm easy to get a full shooting grip on when it's in the holster?, (2) Is your skin protected from the firearm, and the firearm from your skin?, (3) Is retention appropriate for the type of holster? (OWB and IWB you want retention, pocket carry you do not), (4) Is the holster comfortable for unlimited all-day wear?

Only one of my holsters is perfect in regards to all four questions: The Don Hume is not perfect for (2), the Andrews Custom Leather is perfect for all questions, and the Kholster is not perfect for (1) or (4).

Top: Don Hume "J.I.T. Belt Slide" www.donhume.com
Middle: Andrews Custom Leather "Pocket Holster" http://www.andrewsleather.com/
Bottom: Kholster "Cresent" http://www.kholster.com/

·
Registered
733 Posts
I carry my P11 at about 4:00 & have a Crossbreed style that is very comfortable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I picked up a crossbreed minituck from their seconds store, and absolutely love it. Hides the PF9 under a t-shirt (even tucked in without a jacket), and is the most comfortable holster I have. It creaked a little when it was new, but has quieted down now and the PF9 in the crossbreed is my primary CCW combo. I wear it at 8 o'clock (I'm a lefty), and it is hard to tell I have it on unless you are really looking for it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I also ordered a similar style from old faithful holsters for a different gun. I think it should be a good one, too. I'll have to let you know when it arrives.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I like the Kholster crescent moon for IWB carry. I have a Fobus C21B paddle holster for quick on the belt carry that is also quite concealable.

·
Registered
159 Posts
I use a kholster for my xd9sc and love it. The kholster helps spread out the weight.

For the keltec I use a $9.99 uncle Mike's like cheap Iwb and it works well with how thin and light the pf9 is.

·
Registered
5,203 Posts
I use a kholster for my xd9sc and love it. The kholster helps spread out the weight.
Not only does the kholster (or any double clip holster) help distribute the pistol's weight, but it also keeps the holster from drifting (lateral movement) better than most of the Single Clip holsters on the market (obviously IWBs similar to the CrossBreed Quick Clip with its very wide single clip secure better than those with thin single clip).

The 'Sticky' holsters like the Remora are very good at not drifting.

One thing against soft holsters (in general) that don't have a firm (non-collapsible) opening is that there is no easy 1-handed way to re-holster. They pretty much need to be removed from the waste band to reholster the weapon. This is not an issue for EDC, but it is a pain for practice, where you are drawing repeatedly. NOT a Deal-Breaker, by any means... Simply something more to ponder during your quest for the perfect holster. :)

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
For IWB these would be my top choices.
1- KT belt clip, I know its not really a holster but it you are careful putting it on it can be a great choice. That's how I carry my PF9 everyday.
2- Remora. They will work great for pocket or IWB. Their customer service is outstanding.
3- Kholster. I have two, one for my PF9 and another for the G27. They are really well made and have a life time warranty. You can trim the leather as needed.
I just don't see a need to open carry or OWB carry my PF9. I can carry it with the belt clip all day and I almost forget its there.

·
Registered
5,567 Posts
How does the Fobus paddle holster work?
They work fine, I had one for the PF9 but I never used it so I sold it. The retention is good and they are pretty comfortable as long as I had an undershirt on between my skin and the paddle.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Galco summer comfort (year round) for my p11. It has been the best leather iwb holster I've ever used. When I got mine galco was not making a p11 specific model, so I'm using the s&w m&p9c version. Its easy on/off with the two belt snaps and is reinforced so you can re- holster with one hand.its also very comfortable and conceals under a t shirt easily. Not tuckable though, but I don't tuck any of my shirts in so no problem for me.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Devil_Anse said:
Galco summer comfort (year round) for my p11. It has been the best leather iwb holster I've ever used. When I got mine galco was not making a p11 specific model, so I'm using the s&w m&p9c version. Its easy on/off with the two belt snaps and is reinforced so you can re- holster with one hand.its also very comfortable and conceals under a t shirt easily. Not tuckable though, but I don't tuck any of my shirts in so no problem for me.
I'm gonna look into this. I like the sound of this one

1 - 18 of 18 Posts