Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

121 - 132 of 132 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Glock 17 Gen 1. I can dream…
OK, edumacate me...Why a G1?
I don't know squat about Glocks except they're square, ugly and they go bang. But Im glad my G5 19 doesn't have those finger grooves.
I think I read G1 didn't have grooves, right? If the G5 17 doesn't have grooves, youre screwed with having to use G5 magazines, is that it?

·
Registered
14 Posts
OK, edumacate me...Why a G1?
I don't know squat about Glocks except they're square, ugly and they go bang. But Im glad my G5 19 doesn't have those finger grooves.
I think I read G1 didn't have grooves, right? If the G5 17 doesn't have grooves, youre screwed with having to use G5 magazines, is that it?
Hi. I’m lusting for a G17 Gen 1 as a collector’s item. I have a G19 Gen 2 and a G26 Gen 3 (which is my EDC).

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Ive never been a pistol guy. I carried and trained with a HK P2000 for 12 years. Now I will finish out the other half of my service with a Glock 19. Could be a lot worse.
Soon we will have Permit-less "Constitutional carry" in our state and Im looking for an all business EDC. Im kinda liking the Beretta 92 compact or 92X compact. yes I know I can have 15+1 in a lot of other plastic fantastics.

Reactions: VH1

·
Registered
234 Posts
I’ve been looking for years for a plastic, subcompact (maybe compact) SA/DA 380. I tried a Walther PK380 and it wasn’t reliable enough even after I sent it back to them. The Bersa Thunder 380 is a little heavy with its alloy frame. I had both the thunder and the thunder CC. I would love to carry the Sig 380 (P238?) but I can’t get comfortable carrying cocked and locked.

I currently carry a Sig P365, but I find the older I get the worse I shoot 9mm handguns. If I live long enough I’ll be carrying my S&W 22 magnum snubbie.

Picky, Picky, picky.

Reactions: VH1

·
Registered
832 Posts
Ive never been a pistol guy. I carried and trained with a HK P2000 for 12 years. Now I will finish out the other half of my service with a Glock 19. Could be a lot worse.
Soon we will have Permit-less "Constitutional carry" in our state and Im looking for an all business EDC. Im kinda liking the Beretta 92 compact or 92X compact. yes I know I can have 15+1 in a lot of other plastic fantastics.
You want a metal DA/SA compact 9MM, check out the CZ Rami. Outstanding little pistol, 10 round or 14 magazines.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
You want a metal DA/SA compact 9MM, check out the CZ Rami. Outstanding little pistol, 10 round or 14 magazines.
Eh, P-01 or 75 compact.
But honestly, if I just had to smoke someone, I doubt I could do it with anything other than an American handgun and American made ammo. I give the Beretta a pass as the M9A1 has served our soldiers for 36 years.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
If things go the way they look, a 1911 late next month from the CMP
CMP? Canadian Mounted Police? Currently Making Pistols?
Wait, I will need to Google this...
this?: The Civilian Marksmanship Program (CMP) has announced it will begin accepting orders to purchase CMP 1911 Type Pistols at the beginning of the new year – accepting orders from January 4 to March 4, 2021.

Ok, lucky you. I just read that page. I never read so much BS for unloading used service arms. I will not participate. I hope you get a good one that is worth all the steps you went through.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Eh, P-01 or 75 compact.
But honestly, if I just had to smoke someone, I doubt I could do it with anything other than an American handgun and American made ammo. I give the Beretta a pass as the M9A1 has served our soldiers for 36 years.
The Rami is neither. Those that do have them tend to keep them.

·
Premium Member
2,913 Posts
Hmmm...
That got me lookin. I think the Rami is on the discontinued list, but, this caught my eye,

Dan Wesson DWX Compact - Dan Wesson (danwessonfirearms.com)
75 ergos, 5.2" tall is in the "compact" box and 4" barrel.
Smooth sides, press check grooves arent overly done.
It "czechs" (pun) a lot of my boxez.
They just need to label it as a Colt 1911 bastard and sell it.
needs a proper 1911 hammer. But I do still prefer SA/DA.
Apparently, no production yet.

·
Registered
30 Posts
With all the talk going on lately about new guns or the next gun I want, I decided to start a thread about this. I know this is brought up at times, but I would like an updated version with all the new weapons coming out lately. My Next gun list is the guns which if I could buy then one at a time they would probably get them in this order.

Bam's Next Gun list:

#1 Taurus PT 1911 Stainless

#2 Hi Point 995 blued

#3 SU-22CA (when it comes out)

#4 Sebu .50 cal BMG (got to have one since I shot it) ::)

#5 AR-15 w/ stainless bull barrel

#6 RFB sporter version

#7 Ruger 10/22 stainless w/synthetic stock

In no particluar order:

M1A

Mosin Nagant

Romainian PSL (like 3wb's)

Ruger SR 9

I'm sure I could think of more later ;D

BamX2
Any new bullpup shotguns. Already have a few ( KSG my favorite so far ).

121 - 132 of 132 Posts