Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
HardShell said:
1)  One more 9mm AR  (another Oly K9-GL-1)

2)  One more DPMS .308 AR  (a long-barreled LR-300 to go with my AP4 carbine)

3)  An FN FS2000

4)  One more XD-45  (a Service model this time, probably in SS)

5) The KT RFB or the Magpul Masada, whichever I can get my hands on first

Having just picked up a Ruger Charger, these 5 round out the half-dozen I have planned for the year.  These are really all I intend to buy in 2008, but I just know I'll stumble across a good deal or two that I won't be able to walk away from...  [smiley=embarassed.gif]

Well, it appears the Masada is not meant to be -- the project is dead. :'(

So it'll be the RFB, regardless of how long it takes for one to find its way into my hands. :D

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Just added a Stainless Taurus 24/7 in .45 ACP and a .22 pepperbox to my collection...

Hope to be able to play with them this weekend!

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
I agree, very nice indeed!
Kinda pricy too...

I like it better than the Robinson though...

I guess I should stop adding to my collection and start buying more ammo and reloading supplies...
I have a Dillon 550 that I used when I was competing in IDPA, but haven't used it much since I quit.
Guess now's a good time to start.

God Bless,
Doc S

·
Registered
459 Posts
Hi Southpaw.
Got all I want.
Wasn't any good with the M1 Garand.
Got A WWII Carbine. Love it.
Charlie

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
HardShell, I wish you had not told me one is that close to me...what gunshop had it? I have to go visit my grandson soon and I just might have to make a "side trip"

·
Super Moderator
10,053 Posts
It's fun to read everyone's wish list.

I'm kinda "gunned up" for now, which is good, because I'm gun poor after the big buying spree a few months ago.

I still have a list, though. :)

RFB - Target version
SU-22 (gonna put my SU-16C underfolder stock on it!)
PLR-22
Side folding stock for the SU-16CE, to make it a poor man's Robinson Arms XCR (which I like better than the nice Sig 5.56, sorry atlasx)
The side folding SU-16 means I probably won't get the very nice XCR.

I bought a superb walnut 1940 Swiss K-31 and a so-so Mosin Nagant M44. I'd like to get an Enfield, a K98 Mauser and maybe a couple of other WWII vintage rifles to keep them company. A Nagant M91/30? M24/47? Maybe an Arisaka? Yes, despite swearing I wouldn't collect old guns, I've developed a soft spot for WWII era relics and have even cut into my black gun budget for them.

If the KRISS Super V was 10mm instead of .45 ACP, I'd get one fer sure. I might even be willing to spend $1600 for one in .40 S&W, or possibly 9mm, if they used Glock mags.
www.transformationaldefenseindustries.com

Mostly, I need to reload more and shoot more.

BTW - The Magpul Masada isn't dead. Bushmaster apparently bought the rights to it and is getting it to market 2Q08 as their ACR.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_ACR

The Masada looked NICE! So does the Magpul PDR, although I'll probably wait (a long time) for a carbine version of a Kel-Tec .223 RFB.

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
it is fun to "want"sometoing, it gives you something towork toward, it is almost a shame to owngunsI havent shot yet but I do. I love the old WW2 guns both foreign and domestic but the domestic vaariety havegotten to the point I feel they are "expensive". I havent shot my Mauser, have only put 2 shells thry my O/U, have 1 CZ52 yet unfired, 1 CZ40p still unfired, no rounds theu my Rusky SKS, one of the 2 MN91/30 is yet unfired.......and none of my guns has really been broken the one with the largest round count for sure are mt s2Ks and my Kahr 45 which I carry heck I need to get BZ before I croak! L4E, we have discussed rifles several times I like the Robinson arms products, ever since I first saw them several years ago.... I am not a brand follower but I watched a demo if the Sig and it is very impressive and you know I am not a .223 fan however, that one intersts me. I really wanted a Robarms RPK then the Ruskies had to foul that line up. I like the ak background the Sig has and from the rep the 500 has the 5.56 should be a neat rifle, I have see an approx $1200 street price for one which makes it competitive with the Robarms offering...so to me it is a chocolate/vanilla thing. I have also wanted a DPMS A4 in .308 with the stainless bull barrel....still do not have one. I did get to hold one the other day and it put a smile on my face. Oh well enough day dreaming.

good shootin' all
Atlasx........off chasing another dream! ;D

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
atlasx said:
HardShell, I wish you had not told me one is that close to me...what gunshop had it? I have to go visit my grandson soon and I just might have to make a "side trip"
Mark's Outdoors on HWY31 in B'ham -- one of my regular stops when I'm up that way. :)

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
the Mil-Surp bug is addicting, ain't it, and there is something to be said for shipping them to your house.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
brotherjethro said:
[quote author=HardShell link=1200766316/75#80 date=1201811148]
Well, it appears the Masada is not meant to be -- the project is dead.  :'(

So it'll be the RFB, regardless of how long it takes for one to find its way into my hands.  :D
As far as I know, it's not dead, it got sold to Bushmaster:

http://www.bushmaster.com/press_release_013108.asp
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bushmaster_ACR

This is high on my want-to-have-it-but-can't-justify-the-expense list.[/quote]

The Magpul Masada is dead. The Bushmaster ACR lives, but doesn't interest me quite as much.

I have a long relationship with the folks at Magpul and didn't mind spending extra and playing "early adopter" for their very first production rifle; now that it's "just another Bushy," I'll wait until it's been on the market a while before diving in. YMMV, of course.

·
Registered
2,915 Posts
BigSwede said:
... The only thing I added was the sling...
C'mon over to AR15.com for a while... we can change that. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hardshell. I don't think that would be a good idea for my wallet or my health if the wife gets wind. Not that she has wind. ;D

·
Registered
4,695 Posts
nicneufeld said:
Hmmm...for me,

1. M44. Just because I want to use my c and r and they are cheap, and it'll give me something to clean and disassemble!

2. Give my batfe buddies a couple hundred and then turn my PLR-16 into a folding stock SBR with the new KT folding stock. Sure, not a new gun really, but I think in the batfe's mind it would be a new gun. Certainly would cost enough to be one!

3. PLR-22. And a bunch of bricks of ammo...what fun!

Other than that, nothing really on the horizon, I am feeling strangely satisfied with my firearms! I've got a big handgun in 10mm, and several nice miniature ccw guns, and a couple good home long guns. I suppose I wouldn't say no to a Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine! Or at least, the Numrich kit to convert a No4 to a No5!
To amend mine, now a No4 is at the top of the list, to turn it to a No5 Carbine! I can wait on the M44, and I'm still thinking about the PLR SBR mod and the PLR-22.

·
Registered
14,984 Posts
suggestion on the #4 to #5 carbine conversion, follow the measurements that are out there exactly, and make the cut clean.  invest in good cutting tools, do NOT use the dremel as the person in the online demonstration did.

hell, even a pipe cutter is better than a dremel.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts