What's my p3at Worth?

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by WhyNotFab, Jan 17, 2009.

1. WhyNotFab

WhyNotFab New Member

Nov 24, 2008
    FL
    I love my p3at, but just in case I came across something else I like more.. I was wondering how much you guys think it's worth.

Details..

Gray Grip/Blued Slide
    I've put about 100 rounds through it, previous owner put maybe 50 through it..
    VERY CLEAN.. I have stripped it after each range trip, cleaned it thoroughly, oiled and greased it.
    No scratches/chips/blemishes of any kind.. the gun looks brand spankin new lol.
    Still has original box, manual, lock.
    2 magazines, both have the pinky extension installed.
    Belt clip included but not installed.
    Concealment Concepts belt clip holster with spare mag pouch.
    Fluff & Buffed
    If sold privately I would include a box of ammo.

Wondering what a good private selling price would be to a friend or stranger, then also what I could possibly expect for trade in value to a gun shop.

Not looking to get rid of it for sure, just wondering what it's worth in case someone had some awesome trade offer for something else I may want..

Thanks guys!

2. lop

lop Active Member

May 20, 2008
    Not to be a smart azz, but it is worth what someone is willing to pay for it. Try to buy one in a gun shop, try to pawn it in a pawn shop. The time of year (like right after xmass), the state you are in (Ga, or Cali) impacts the price. There is another "price" that is "replacement value". What would it cost you to replace it if you did sell it and realize you wanted it (or one like it) back? Many here would tell you not to sell any gun, i've only sold one that I found to be un-reliable. I have a .38 snubbie that I got for the wife. She did not like it. I paid 390 +tax +holster+ ammo+ammo and the pawn offered me 275 for it. It is in the safe, nice and safe. It will only go up in value and one day I might want to carry it, or someone I care about that is not "gun fluent" might need one. I'd rather keep it, but that is just me (and a few others 'round here).

3. barryph1

barryph1 New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    I have to agree, I have called 4 different pawn shops here and no one has one right now.  I have been looking and cannot find one new or used.

I do the same, once I buy a gun I generally keep it, it can usually only go up in value!

4. It is probably worth about what you paid for it.

I would guess $250 - -$275. YOU MIGHT be able to sell it for $300 but I doubt it. From what I understand, they are not hard to find in Florida.

5. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas
    The gun is worth about $200. The accessories add value but only if the buyer wants them. For example, the extra mag would appeal to me but then I already have quite a few so its not a huge deal. I'd have no use for that holster or belt clip. As for extensions, I prefer the +1.

My opinion? Don't sell perfectly good guns - just buy more. :cool:

6. k9pound

k9pound New Member

Jan 18, 2009
    Don't expect much for it. I just bought mine new for $275 NIB. accessories don't bring much.

7. adamsesq

adamsesq New Member

Dec 25, 2006
    If I was in the market I would not pay more than $225. But if I owned it I wouldn't sell it for less than $250. I am pretty sure I would be sucessful on both accounts.

-Scott

8. kjhilsinger

kjhilsinger New Member

Jan 10, 2009
    I would pay between $225 and $250 for a used one, which is actually what I am looking to do right now.