Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know that this thread has probably been killed and i see there is a sticky, which i have read as well.

but i have to ask current owners of both 1st and 2nd generation P-AT's. which wuld u prefer and why?

i have seena few threads on "peening", what is this term used to descibe, i have located a gunshop that has in stock from what i can gather from a thread on here, seems to be a few 1st generation P3-AT's, and i am wondering, should i just buy the 1 gen or hold out for finding a 2gen???

i have decieded imbuying one, only thing left is buy the 1 gen, or wait for a 2 gen, the price is $591.80 US dollars. i know thats steep for a Kel-Tec seens i see what u guys pay for them over there, but that would have inclueded shipping overseas and taxes and import duties, please let e know guys, i would really appreciate it.... there is no better then Kel-Tec in my opinion, and i would rather dumo 600 dollars on a kel-tec then another glock bec. nothing beats the kel-tec as far as size and weight go :)

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
2nd gen chrome plated slide with serial number starting with J9 or greater - because of constant improvements they have been making, and (more important) I haven't had a bit of trouble out of my own J9xx chrome. Just be sure to clean and grease (not oil) it before you use it the first time! More importantly - read more of this forum.

·
Registered
11,201 Posts
wheelguy said:
...Just be sure to clean and grease (not oil) it before you use it the first time! More importantly - read more of this forum.
Wheely - please check your facts a bit. The p3at needs grease AND oil, each in the right places of course. There are plenty of lubrication links just in the last few days alone.

That AND armalaser batteries only last for a month? Gonna have to get you some stronger coffee for Monday! ;)

-Scott

·
Administrator
32,240 Posts
I don't know the Kel-tec availability situation in S Africa. Frankly, I'm quite surprised there are any at all to be found. Ask that dealer if he can get the 2nd gen guns. It could be that they are not available and those few were "personal" guns that the dealer acquired. I have a 1st gen P32 and P3AT that work very well. Some of those earlier models did have a few issues... extraction, walking assembly pins, etc, but the company, if not the owner, was always able to resolve them. However warranty service for you would be more of an issue do to shipping complications/legalities. :-/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.