Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
585 Posts
I am watching this thread with great interest! Since I carry more than shoot my P-3AT the odds of my duplicating your testing are very low. Please continue to share your results. They are much appreciated! :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
Both of my Kel-Tec pistols - first generation P-32 and second generation P3AT - experienced reliability issues that were corrected by recoil springs that are 2 lb. heavier than factory standard. So, I currently run 11 lb. in the P-32 and 13 lb. in the P3AT.

+10% extra power magazine springs also help, and may minimize any issues of the slide outrunning the magazine spring (an issue I have not yet experienced).

·
Registered
387 Posts
BillinPittsburgh said:
Both of my Kel-Tec pistols - first generation P-32 and second generation P3AT - experienced reliability issues that were corrected by recoil springs that are 2 lb. heavier than factory standard.  So, I currently run 11 lb. in the P-32 and 13 lb. in the P3AT.

+10% extra power magazine springs also help, and may minimize any issues of the slide outrunning the magazine spring (an issue I have not yet experienced).
Bill,

Have the extra power magazine springs improved the performance of your magazine? What differences do you note? Any problems as the result of using them?

21 - 23 of 23 Posts