What was your initial reason for choosing the P3AT

Discussion in 'P-3AT' started by diamond, Feb 6, 2010.

1. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010
    I picked the P3AT for concealed carry. The size and weight were just what I was looking for. As a BUG or primary carry, it does the job it is intended for...concealed self-defense.

OK, and it's just so darn cute. ;)

So, why did you choose it?

2. JB-Norcal

JB-Norcal New Member

Jan 24, 2006
    Re: What was your initial reason for choosing the

I was obligated by commen sense. It's a rare extinct animal in these parts. Just doing may part to help the environment.

3. acts2florida

acts2florida New Member

Oct 17, 2009

Concealed carry. The P3AT's size makes it perfect for warm climates. :cool: I also read up heavily on KTOG.org before ever (pardon the pun) puling the trigger to buy. It seemed like everything I needed to know about the gun was available here. That and KT's CS reputation. What's not to like?

4. lop

lop Well-Known Member

May 20, 2008

It get HOT in the summer in Georgia. That duster just wasen't working, so I had to get sompfin smaller to shoot. ;)

5. jaeger48

jaeger48 New Member

Feb 6, 2010

I picked my P3AT up from the store yesterday and sent 125 rounds through it at the attached range. I love my Glock 26 which is by no means a large gun but I have to plan my dress around it. The P3AT works into any mode of dress that I might choose. I picked up a Desantis Superfly and it disappears in a back pocket. This is a contrast to the G26 which I carry IWB.

Of those 125 rounds I had no failures of any kind except that with a full mag it is sometimes difficult for the magazine to fully seat. This little gun is going with me everywhere from now on. I can't say that about the baby Glock.

6. red71

red71 Member

Dec 20, 2008

I bought it for the wife because she liked it better than the elsie pee, week later I bought one for myself :)

7. Bobo

Bobo Well-Known Member Supporter

Jun 13, 2005

Wanted a gun within arm's reach 24/7/365, that could be used in all light conditions, totally concealed and comfortable.

My P-3AT with ArmaLaser and two spare mags in a SmartCarry has done the trick for almost six years now!

Bobo

8. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

Obviously the design is optimized for ease of concealed carry, but my reason is that I'm just plain spoiled and lazy - far too much so to carry anything bigger and heavier... most of the time.   ;)

9. Sangueffusor

Sangueffusor New Member

May 13, 2007
    Indiana

OK, who voted "hunting"? ;D

10. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

I needed a field pistol to knock over the 50 yard "Pigs"

11. TxCajun

TxCajun Administrator Staff Member Supporter

Sep 7, 2004
    Texas

I know, and also the wise guy who voted "range gun". ;D

12. JFB

JFB New Member

Jul 25, 2005

I know, and also the wise guy who voted "range gun".   ;D
    [/quote]

::)

kinda of like "what color was Lee's white horse?

13. pointpro

pointpro New Member

May 9, 2005

Well, just because I wanted one.

14. raymac1215

raymac1215 New Member

Dec 31, 2008

I must say concealed carry is one of the real reasons, but there are others such as...lifetime warranty, this forum, darn good looking pistol and very reliable. Need I say more?  ;)

15. trh53

trh53 New Member

Jan 12, 2010

I needed something that would actually be concealed when I concealed carried.

16. jaeger48

jaeger48 New Member

Feb 6, 2010

I would have to say most of the time when people say, "I put this gun on and it disappears" they're lying to themselves and others- I always know I have a gun on me because it's uncomfortable... that is unless it's a P3AT in a back pocket holster. This thing is amazing- bar none it goes everywhere.

17. diamond

diamond New Member

Jan 18, 2010

I would have to say most of the time when people say, "I put this gun on and it disappears" they're lying to themselves and others- I always know I have a gun on me because it's uncomfortable... that is unless it's a P3AT in a back pocket holster.  This thing is amazing- bar none it goes everywhere.[/quote]
    Bingo! You took the words right out of my mouth.

Nothing bothers me more than when the internet commandos say's their 1911 or Block simply "disappears" or "melts" or "they forget it's there."

Give me a break. ::) Large, heavy guns do NOT simply fade away causing you to forget you are even carrying...even WITH the right carry rig. :-?

I feel my P3AT when I'm carrying. It does not disappear. Yes, I do more often not feel it over my glock, but I still feel it.

So, increase the width and weight to over 1" and over 20 oz and you WILL FEEL IT.

OK, rant over. ;)

18. riverkeeper

riverkeeper New Member

Aug 30, 2006
  19. Badman400

Badman400 Well-Known Member

I already had the P-32, along with several other pistols of various kinds, and liked the size and ease of carry with my style of daily dress. (Tucked in shirt). The P3AT offered a little bigger round with the same compact, lightweight, comfort.

I carry something bigger IWB (P-40), on some evenings and weekends, but the P3AT is ALWAYS in the front pocket in an Elite Survival Systems holster.

As has been said many times before; The one that you have on you now, is worth much more than the one you left behind because it was too big to carry.  

The P3AT, more than any other in the stable, continues to be the "always" gun every day. :cool:

20. comoesq

comoesq New Member

Feb 21, 2009

Even though it does not disappear, for me it is the closest thing to conceal carry with the most power. It is reasonable confortable and I never leave home without it. My Kahr CW9 rarely leaves home.