Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

What type of pocket knife do u carry? Pics please!

133K views 986 replies 562 participants last post by  torrent 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
i carry a small pocket knife on me where every i go (except airports :p) and i have quite a big collection of pocket and pen knifes that i collect ,carry and use,

but the one i carry and use the most is my buck rush http://www.buckknives.com/index.cfm?event=product.detail&productID=3101

its and auto opener and has a flat stainless steel 2 1/2in blade, it has a frame mounted safety that locks the blade closed, the new ones have an anodized aluminum handle, but mines a few years old and has a matching stainless steel handle. it cost me about $100 but it was worth it.

so whats in yur pocket right now??

#2 ·
Re: what type of brand/model pocket knife do u car

I like to carry the thinnest standard Swiss Army knife made that still has scissors on it.  I've owned one or another form of Victorinox Swiss  for over 30 years now.  I think of them more as a pocket tool than a knife though.  I find them very easy to put and keep an edge on. I've tried several varieties of lockblades over the years and still occasionally carry one in an alternate pocket. But I always keep coming back to that Swiss for regular use.

#3 ·

I always have a Leatherman of some sort nearby (30' rule), but in my pocket???

One of these... for the scissors, led light and nail clipper.

- - - -

and One of these... basically because I'm always losing one and only need it for cutting open boxes. :)

#4 ·

Old school.

Shrade Old Timer, three blade. Just a tool for me. Pretty much have always carried an inexpensive simple one since my first Barlow back in my grade school days (yeah, they used to be allowed in school, I grew up rural, it was expected!)

Great for skinning small game, cleaning fish, cutting things. And when I lose it, they are inexpensive to replace.

#6 ·

Chiques13 said:
Old school.

Shrade Old Timer, three blade.  Just a tool for me. Pretty much have always carried an inexpensive simple one since my first Barlow back in my grade school days (yeah, they used to be allowed in school, I grew up rural, it was expected!)

Great for skinning small game, cleaning fish, cutting things.  And when I lose it, they are inexpensive to replace.
Pretty much my statement, except my old timer is a two blade. I don't remember when I didn't carry a pocket knife. I have a small collection of pocket knives, mostly buck, and some inexpensive advertising knives,but the two blade old timer is my constant companion. There is a leatherman in the console of my van for quick repairs.

#7 ·

My Regular carry knife is a Spyderco Endura older model with a broken off clip.
Back up knife is a Victorinox Spartan with a 3 & 1/4 inch blade.
Back up for the back up is a old Smith and Wesson single blade.
And last but not least is a credit card wallet knife that I made made from a single flat piece of stainless steel sharpened on one edge and corner,with a orientation thumb hole. Just in case...

G
#8 ·

3wbdriver said:
I like to carry the thinnest standard Swiss Army knife made that still has scissors on it.  I've owned one or another form of Victorinox Swiss  for over 30 years now.  I think of them more as a pocket tool than a knife though...
+1

My son gave me my first one when I graduated college in 1986.  I smirked to myself when he gave it to me, but I carried it because he gave it to me.  It did not take me long to appreciate the utility of it and discard the heavy lock back.

I also carry a Gerber lock back replaceable utility blade knife, usually clipped to my belt.

REVIEW OF THE GERBER:

http://journal.drfaulken.com/gerber-eab-exchange-a-blade-razor-blade-pocket-knife-review/

#9 ·

EDC is the Leatherman Skeletool CX. Stores in the small left front top cargo pocket of my Cabellas 7 pocket pants along with a Proton flash light, Victoronix card tool, and spare ammo. Allows use of the knife without opening anything else. Knife is the most used item; but I also use the pliers, cutters, and screwdrivers on occasion. I would definitely miss not having those other tools...

#10 ·
#11 ·

Primarily Gerber... but I carry a LOT of things on a daily basis

Left to right:
SwissTech screwdriver set with one micro flat head, one micro phillips, and standard flat head and philips, kept in my wallet
UtiliKey with bottle opener, two flat heads, phillips, and knife blade, kept on my keychain
Gerber box cutter, kept in my wallet
Tool Logic, with knife, whistle, toothpick, tweezers, flashlight, and fire steel, kept in my wallet
Gerber Clutch, with pliars, knife, screw drivers, tweazers, nail file
Gerber Applegate assisted opening knife.

Cy

#12 ·

i use to carry a swiss army knife but my dog somehow got a hold of it and chewed the red plastic handle off. :'(

but check this out, i was working on an outdoor breaker box a few weeks ago and on top of the box was a very old and rusty klein tools pocket knife, it had been there for years but it would still close, i let it set in some remoil overnight and then scrubed the brown right off of it, i dont really plan on useing it but i still think it was a neat find. :)

it looks just like this, but imagine it being at least 20 years old and having some pitting and wear on the blade.http://www.bizrate.com/handtools/oid634464471.html

#14 ·

SOG Twitch II - small and very light with easy one hand open - great pocket tool
I've carried a knife as long as I can rember. Lost a favorite Gerber on a roller coaster in SC. Mopped about for days. Lost another favorite at Lake of the Pines in East Texas. Note to self: Don't lay favorite knife on TOP of tackle box.
Found the Twitch II in Lowe's Lumber store for about $40. Love it.

#20 ·

Spyderco Waved Delica.

I have carried some more expensive knives, but found nothing works as well for me. The wave opening is fast and reasonably sure. The handle fits my hand well, allowing for me to get some palm behind the butt. The blade length keeps me legal almost anywhere in the US and in many foreign countries. The rocker bar lock works very well, and I trust it much more than any liner lock.

#23 ·

I always have a Gerber Reflex on me. Looks neat and worked great for a while, but now there's a good deal of front to back give when the blade is locked open, and the screws on the clip keep backing out. Guess I'll be looking for a good replacement soon!

#25 ·

I've been carrying a Cold Steel tanto folder Gunsite edition for years. I tried carrying a leatherman multitool for a couple of months but I never used the pliers or accessories so I didn't see the point in the xtra weight and I went back to the Cold Steel. Hopefully my pic will show. This is my first attempt at posting a pic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.