Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
981 - 987 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
8,847 Posts
The Leatherman has been my belt folder since I stopped carrying the Buck when the Leatherman came out. Over 30 years. This one was the replacement for my original which is at the bottom of the lake after I turned the sailboat upside down. I never use the blade so as to keep the point needle sharp for splinter removal.

The Craftsman box knife is the most comfortable clip knife I've ever had. It handles 99% of my non kitchen cutting chores. I've had it for about 6 years. Lost it in the car for a few months once.

Multi-tool Pliers Metalworking hand tool Tool Font
Metal Silver

·
Registered
37 Posts
I rotate between these American-made patriotic themed folders... Depending on my mood and clothing and destination

Top two are assisted opening USA made Kershaws

The third one is a Zero Tolerance USA-made flipper

The fourth is a USA-made automatic Pro-tech (with a safety :))

I probably carry the second from the top the most

·
Registered
3,150 Posts
A long time ago, I took what appeared to be a cheap junker from my dad's knives for my every day carry knife. It was an older model CRKT (columbia river knife / tool) 1* (horribly bad pun, you only have one azz to risk). The m16-13z style, partly serrated blade, seen here. M16® - 13Z

It has a neat design, the ear on the blade can be tapped to open it, easily as good as any switchblade and it locks open.
The original one was a one-sided edge blade (they sharpen it from one side only, mostly seen on cheap junk knives).
Fast forward... last week, I finally lost the darn thing, after decades of use. I found a similar one online at a reasonable price (about 40 bucks) and since 1) I didn't want to spend too much and 2) I really liked the original's assisted opening gimmick, I bought it. And I have to say, they have upped their game... its much more solid, the blade is properly sharpened and seems to be better steel and a hair thicker than before, its polymer body is reinforced with steel, and it has a plastic insert (built into the frame) for the blade to rest on when closed that should not dull it (and contact is minimal). It is also easy to work on: 10 min and I had the belt clip off and the new annoying 'you can't close it anymore' "safety" feature removed (knife just unscrews and you pop it out). That puts it back to the original configuration I have grown used to, but IMHO about 50% better quality. Though the price was fairly low, I no longer consider it a junker and would actually recommend it to others now. I plan for this one to be in my pocket for a long, long time :)

·
Registered
5,624 Posts
I picked up this Chinese Buck at Sportsman's Warehouse to carry in the woods while hunting. Not very goood steel, but will do the job as a backup to my primary hunting knife.
Sleeve Natural material Tints and shades Bag Wood

981 - 987 of 987 Posts