Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
961 - 980 of 987 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Knife Blade Hunting knife Tool Utility knife
Every weekend inexpensive carry (mostly yard & shop work) is two CRKT’s:
- M16-10KS, chisel grind Tanto for cutting-scraping-prying & serrations for ropes and ties
- Minimalist Bowie for when I can’t get to my pocket.

Both came from Lowe’s hardware, although not at the same time.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Knife Blade Cutting tool Hunting knife Utility knife
Really cheap EDC this week:
- bigger knife, Ozark Mountain (I’m mostly boycotting Walmart, but saw this $8 assisted folder while running an errand for my wife)
- smaller knife, Coast $10 knife from Home Depot
Cheap price, cheap steel, functional for light use.

·
Registered
6,984 Posts
Still rockin' the low-end Spyderco's here. Got an Enduro 4 for most of my off-duty needs, and a modified Enduro Emerson (cut the hook down a bit with a Dremel so it doesn't get hung up inside the pocket on some pants) for my motorcycle pants. Occasionally, a Byrd Hawkbill gets called into service on a whim, or a CRKT Fossil. No problems with any. Light, thin, super sharp, always do what I need, and I'm not prone to cutting myself up with them in my usual clumsiness.

So, it's either this (the Emerson version is the same, just with a "nub" on top)...

Or this (with bits of grip tape added to the frame):

Or this:

I get random urges to buy new knives occasionally, but every time I do, I think ... WHY? These all suit my needs, and then some. They're not gonna wear out - not now, not anytime soon, perhaps not for decades - and the only thing that's gonna mandate my buying another knife of the sort is going to be if one breaks or gets lost/stolen, which hasn't happened to me for YEARS.

Of course, once I start working patrol, wellllllllll ... might start looking more at fancy-pants OTF autos. Because, y'know ... bigger budget. :D (Although, most likely, I'll probably just default to small fixed blades because, y'know ... simplicity and 0% mechanical failure rate! :p )

·
Registered
274 Posts
Knife Hunting knife Dagger Blade Bowie knife
Inexpensive EDC for the next couple of weeks:
Small knife is the Buck Texas Toothpick in the small size
Large knife is the iconic Buck 110
Viva la Buck!

·
Registered
274 Posts
Knife Blade Cutting tool Hunting knife Tool
Inexpensive (cheap) EDC for the past couple of weeks:
Both small knife & large-ish knife are from the WalMart Kershaw 2019 Christmas pack. Steel isn’t great & doesn't hold an edge very long. The largeish one is a good flipper, & both are good loaner or beater knives.

·
Registered
886 Posts
It was cheap, but I love my Brawler and have carried it everyday since I got it. I bought one of the Wally World specials too. It came with the knife, a flashlight and a tactical pen. Once I found I loved my brawler, after about two days of using it, I went back to buy another one as a spare and they didn't have any more. Two years ago, I ended up buying a backup at the SMKW store for about 50% more than the walmart special and I only got a knife. I've loved Kershaw knives for about 15 years now. My first was a Whirlwind with a green handle.
So I've been carrying the original walmart special Kershaw brawler I bought about 8 years ago daily since then. This past week the assisted opening finally gave up the ghost. I need to dig out the spare and see if I can get Keeshaw to fix the broken one. I still love my Brawler.

·
Registered
555 Posts
I'm sure I've replied more than once to this discussion, but I own so many knives I'm sure I've posted something different each time. These days I'm usually carrying one of my Kershaw autos, my Protechs or my Microtech OTF. Michigan made autos legal two Octobers ago so I carry auto much of the time. I generally trade out the Kershaw pocket clips for Titanium deep carry - really hate the Kershaw (and Spyderco pocket clips). Love the knives - hate the trashy factory clips.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Knife Blade Tool Utility knife Multi-tool

Inexpensive EDC for the next few weeks.
I didn’t plan it, but I saw the CRKT CEO hanging in its blister pack at Academy Sports and couldn’t help buying it. It’s thin & with the high polish it does look like an ink pen in my shirt pocket.
The CEO blade is about 3.1” so it my large knife in the office.
Small knife is the Boker Keycom.

·
Registered
1,309 Posts
Knife Blade Utility knife Hunting knife Cutting tool

crkt little knife
kershaw skyline xl big knife
leatherman rev and box openin utility knife

Multitool and utilty knife are with me at work always the other two are recent additions to the collection I’ve been carrying...

·
Registered
886 Posts
So I've been carrying the original walmart special Kershaw brawler I bought about 8 years ago daily since then. This past week the assisted opening finally gave up the ghost. I need to dig out the spare and see if I can get Keeshaw to fix the broken one. I still love my Brawler.

After looking at the warranty I could have my brawler repaired for $7 plus return shipping, but I opted for them to send me parts. Parts are free much like keltec. I'm about half way through my 2 week wait for parts. I was very impressed that they will replace a broken blade for $10.

·
Registered
886 Posts
After looking at the warranty I could have my brawler repaired for $7 plus return shipping, but I opted for them to send me parts. Parts are free much like keltec. I'm about half way through my 2 week wait for parts. I was very impressed that they will replace a broken blade for $10.
So the spring for my brawler came today. I made up some khaki and black linen micarta years ago. I think I'm gonna try to make new scales for the brawler while I have it torn apart.

Knife Cutting tool Blade Tool

·
Registered
274 Posts
Relatively Inexpensive Knife EDC (continued) - I really like the CRKT CEO (see 1/26/20 post above) and it lives in my shirt pocket at my office.
But for 4 weeks I’ve been working remotely from home (& am very thankful for that) so a bigger knife has been my EDC:
Boker Magnum automatic

I bought my son a Boker AK & mini AK, and kept this for myself

·
Registered
290 Posts
Everyday carry Trigger
Utility knife
Utility knife
Relatively Inexpensive Knife EDC (continued) - I really like the CRKT CEO (see 1/26/20 post above) and it lives in my shirt pocket at my office.
But for 4 weeks I’ve been working remotely from home (& am very thankful for that) so a bigger knife has been my EDC:
Boker Magnum automatic
View attachment 47882

I bought my son a Boker AK & mini AK, and kept this for myself
I really don't just keep this little Smith and wesson in my gun cabin just in case.

·
Registered
274 Posts
With continued remote working, two new inexpensive EDC knives, both Opinels.
Knife Blade Hunting knife Purple Cutting tool
One garden trimmer style, No.8 w a purple handle. One No.9 oyster knife - I’ve put an edge on the 2” blade since it’s original function requires no sharp edge. (Keychain SAK shown for size)

961 - 980 of 987 Posts