Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
P-11 & P-40, PF9, Beretta neo, Springfield XDS .45
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently added a hard chrome P-40 to the stable. Its got me in the mood to add another firearm as well. Should I go with a second P-11 or my first PF-9? What would you guys do?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Before buying, I prefer to have a sense of a want or need. Any thoughts on a need? A want? Variety is good for wants and range time, repeats to me are for backups / replacements / etc.
Hadn't given it much thought. My guess would be something easy to shoot and ccw carry. That is why I was thinking 9mm as I already have a P-11 that I enjoy shooting. Then my thought was do I need a second P-11 or try something new like the PF-9.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Sounds like you are in a dilemma like I get into. Just picked up a firearm I use to own....I had nothing against it, actually liked it but just sold it to help pay for another type of handgun. After I sold it Springfield stopped making the XDe and scared the life out of some owners, including the person that bought it from me. LGS are taking advantage of the discontinued firearm and offering very little for a trade so the person that bought it was asking very little for it. Third firearm I have owned and bought again later. I guess what I am saying need or want or must have sometimes comes down to what is the best deal on a firearm you like. Go to the LGS and you will find many guns that will serve you need...fires a bullet. How does it feel in your hand? Want to carry it or home defense? Every once in a while you hit the jackpot...the P17 was mine. Need?....Nope! Like?... There are others I like better. Good price...once again not the cheapest. Satisfaction....Jackpot!!!!! First question...does it have to be a KelTec? If not...have a great time searching the multitude of different firearms.
Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Gun accessory Computer keyboard

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hadn't given it much thought. My guess would be something easy to shoot and ccw carry. That is why I was thinking 9mm as I already have a P-11 that I enjoy shooting. Then my thought was do I need a second P-11 or try something new like the PF-9.
The pf9 has ended production.

·
Registered
126 Posts
The pf9 has ended production.
I came close to buying a PF9 but bought the Taurus G2c instead....then the G3c....then the G3. Decided that was enough of the great G series firearms. Hard to beat them if you get a good one from the factory. Even with problems, I have always been able to find and repair the problems myself. Like a Glock, a Taurus is very easy to troubleshoot and repair.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I know the pf-9 had ended so I be looking at a used one. If I don't go with a Keltec then I'd look at Springfield, Shadow systems, Kimber and Sig.

·
Grand Poobah
2,269 Posts
I have 2 P-11's a couple of P40 uppers a dedicated P40 and a couple of Pf9's. One of the Pf9's as the Twisted Industries 22lr conversion, which my wife claimed as hers. The P-11's are hide out guns in the house while one of the Pf9's is my daily carry...

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just recently added a hard chrome P-40 to the stable. Its got me in the mood to add another firearm as well. Should I go with a second P-11 or my first PF-9? What would you guys do?
I have a thirty-year-old hard chrome P-11 9mm which has NEVER failed in any way except with one cheapo aftermarket magazine. I have not held a single-stack PF-9 but the message boards have often said that it is very uncomfortable to shoot---It stings the hand. The P-11 is the double-stack and the extra width spreads the recoil farther across the hand. It doesn't sting me at all. After about four hundred hot rounds my P-9 STILL looks brand new and is more accurate than ever!.........................elsullo

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a thirty-year-old hard chrome P-11 9mm which has NEVER failed in any way except with one cheapo aftermarket magazine. I have not held a single-stack PF-9 but the message boards have often said that it is very uncomfortable to shoot---It stings the hand. The P-11 is the double-stack and the extra width spreads the recoil farther across the hand. It doesn't sting me at all. After about four hundred hot rounds my P-9 STILL looks brand new and is more accurate than ever!.........................elsullo
I should add that the P-11 is excellent for pocket carry or deep concealment because it is double-action-only: never cocked when racked and chambered, or until the trigger is pulled all the way back. That is the safest deep carry pistol, with no need to worry about manual safeties, cocking status, or de-cocking when done. The long trigger pull is very smooth and not heavy, which is a built-in safety........................elsullo

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sounds like you are in a dilemma like I get into. Just picked up a firearm I use to own....I had nothing against it, actually liked it but just sold it to help pay for another type of handgun. After I sold it Springfield stopped making the XDe and scared the life out of some owners, including the person that bought it from me. LGS are taking advantage of the discontinued firearm and offering very little for a trade so the person that bought it was asking very little for it. Third firearm I have owned and bought again later. I guess what I am saying need or want or must have sometimes comes down to what is the best deal on a firearm you like. Go to the LGS and you will find many guns that will serve you need...fires a bullet. How does it feel in your hand? Want to carry it or home defense? Every once in a while you hit the jackpot...the P17 was mine. Need?....Nope! Like?... There are others I like better. Good price...once again not the cheapest. Satisfaction....Jackpot!!!!! First question...does it have to be a KelTec? If not...have a great time searching the multitude of different firearms.
No it doesn't have to be a KelTec but was thinking how cool it would be if I had the P11 and PF9 in hard chrome to match the P40.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Very good choice. I wish I would have bought my Xde in 45 cal and with the 3.8 in barrel. The 9mm 3.3 in is more snappy than any other of my 9mm firearms.
Thanks, as Its my first Springfield and .45 caliber. Came across this listing on the interwebs today, "This is a like-new Springfield XDS Mod 1 pistol chambered in .45 ACP. It has a 3.3" barrel and had the factory recall improvements done. Included are four magazines". Upon further searching I found the recall notice on the XDS. Will call them Monday to see if mine was repaired or needs to be sent in as the serial# matches the recall notice.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts