Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Need some help from you guys. I would like to buy some spare parts for my subby in case something breaks while out in the boonies. I've contacted Keltec 3 times by Email asking there advice on what to stock. I figured if anybody knew what broke the most they would but never got a reply. If anybody had anything break or wear out I'd sure appreciate the info.

·
Premium Member
154 Posts
I suggest having two separate means of sighting.

Also, a small cleaning kit that has a Bore Snake in it.

My Gen 1 took a nasty tumble off my UTV when the Kolpin gun rack retaining strap broke and ended up end over end in the sand and dust. The barrel was plugged. With the small kit i had with me, I was able to disassemble the carbine, clean it out with a toothbrush and cloth, blow out the barrel, run the Bore Snake through, lube, and reassemble. Had I not had the kit with me, the carbine would have been out of service until I returned home.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. Good advise. I always have a tool kit with me but I also want to have spare partso. I'm in the bush for weeks at a time and depend on my sub for food and such. have you had anything break or wear out?

·
Registered
296 Posts
If it is a Gen2, I would do something about the front sight. Otherwise, pretty durable. If I was reliant on it only long term, I would get a spare recoil spring assembly. Have not seen one break or wear out and I have a few Sub 2Ks with over 12K and one of the KT employees has over 40K on his Gen1 without any part changes.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.