Community for Kel-Tec Shooters banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tried to do a search on SU 16 mags and it came up with everything but!! So.. what, other than the stock 10 rounders do you guys use?
I've been looking at the MagPul mags..they seem to look nice and I also like the one with the window in the side to let you know how many rounds in the mag...
Read here about someone using the Brownells USGI mag and it was loose in the socket..
So what do you guys use?

·
Registered
240 Posts
I have 2 cammenga 30 rd and 2 - 20 rd mags as well as a couple standard issue grey (not sure the name). I love the cammengas and there are a couple of sites to get them for $15 or less. I just forgot what sites.

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts
I have 4 30rd USGI, 4 20rd USGI, 4 20rd and 1 30rd P-Mags and 2 C products 20 rd mags. I like the P-Mags the best, but the C-products ones are nice too. BTW I prefer the 20's over the 30's now, way too much mag hanging down and the more ammo I have in the weapon is more that I will use. Costs too much to waste now.

Bam Bam

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Spud... not familiar with the cammenga, I'll have to do some research..thanks..

Bam Bam...are the C products the cammenga's above or something different? Not heard of those either.. thanks also....

·
Premium Member
5,240 Posts

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks, and thanks for the link..good stuff there..

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
I have several PMAG's and several more Brownell's USGI mags with Magpul follwers. They have all worked fine so far.

·
Registered
187 Posts
USGI, C Products, P-Mags. Had nary a problem with any of 'em. I have never even tried the KT 10-rounder. Why would I load ten rounds in a rifle that takes 30-round mags? :p

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks all..I think I'll start with a couple P-mags, prolly a 20 and a 30 rounder..

·
Registered
74 Posts
Another +1 for the PMAGs

I've got a couple of metal USGI magazines (came with the rifle) and they work fine but what I've bought myself are the black windowless PMAGs. I initially was sold on them when I saw a demo of a HUMMVEE backing over one and the guy picked it up stuck it in his weapon and fired w/o any trouble. Less there be any doubt about the strength of the poly resin; don't think a USG metal magazine could stand up to that kind of abuse. And of course, they feed my SU16 Alpha model trouble free! :D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I like aluminum 20 rounders the best for my Charlie. To me, the 20 rounder fits the profile of the gun much better (for use when prone, for carry folded or unfolded). I like aluminum over polymer because the Charlie stock can still folder over it.

Sean

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Got my gun, and the magazines today. The mags fit real well, have not loaded them and fired them as of yet though...Stock ones ran perfect though..

·
Registered
1,174 Posts
Just read both pages, nowhere do you ask if they fit the stock. The USGI Cproduct 30's will fit the stock storage area of a CA. With top of mag forward facing down they will go in at an angle and catch 2 pins. Not as secure as the OE 10's, but close, and the mag pins will scratch the 30's after a while. I don't own any pmags, how do they feed?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts